Talk

Advanced search

AIBU - Time Wasters!

(11 Posts)
smalllemur Fri 24-Nov-17 15:33:39

A colleague and I had a meeting scheduled for 9.30am.

I routinely lift this colleague instead of him walking although it is out of my way. For a while I went without a car and I appreciated lifts.

Offered to lift the colleague from his flat at 'normal time' which is 5 past nine in order to give us enough time to set up and prepare.

Turnt up at 5 past nine and text to say I was outside. No reply. Called twice and still no reply. 9.18am I left as I was going to run late. 2 minutes later colleague text saying he was in the next room ironing and didn't hear the phonecalls.

He was very put out that I said I couldn't turn around. He turned up to the meeting after walking without even looking at me. Then no apology all day. Asked at the end of the day if he slept in and he said no I had just came too early... even though he knew what time I was coming. Plus he could have rejected the offer of a lift if he wanted to sleep in!

He asked if I could lift him for the morning after and I said no. I had offered him a lift that day and he had wasted my time. Now, a usually good relationship is strained.

AIBU? Should I offer him lifts again from now on?

MotherOfDragons22 Fri 24-Nov-17 15:35:24

Nope. Would never bother again. Piss taker

user1497357411 Fri 24-Nov-17 15:36:00

No. He is a CF. He thinks his time is more important than yours.

Sirzy Fri 24-Nov-17 15:36:58

If it was the first time it has happened I would have given another chance.

cheesydoesit Fri 24-Nov-17 15:37:12

YANBU. He didn't even have the decency to take responsibility and apologise. He's taking you for granted.

gunsandbanjos Fri 24-Nov-17 15:37:16

Nope, he’s a dick. Don’t do him any more favours.

smalllemur Fri 24-Nov-17 15:37:48

Yeah that's what I thought. How do I fix the relationship now though? I'm going to stick to my guns.

cheesydoesit Fri 24-Nov-17 15:38:13

Surely it's up to him to fix it?

smalllemur Fri 24-Nov-17 15:39:23

@cheesydoesit Yes I agree but, we are working together on a project and he obviously thinks he is in the right and is being a bit awkward because he is cross with me.

MsVestibule Fri 24-Nov-17 15:41:48

How do I fix the relationship now though?. You don’t need to, he does. I would just carry on interacting with him as you usually do, minus the offer of lifts.

OK, it was just a misunderstanding (sort of) but it was his fault and he should have apologised.

smalllemur Fri 24-Nov-17 15:47:00

@msvestibule yes you are right. Thank you very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now