Talk

Advanced search

Next Directory Statements

(13 Posts)
Verbena37 Fri 24-Nov-17 13:34:19

Is it just me or AIBU to find the Next Directory Statements much more confusing than they used to be before the switched to their new statement lay out a few years ago?

So my online statement summary says present balance is £22.99 so I paid it in full (as I always do) yesterday. Then today, my paper statement arrived saying present balance is £148.99.
Tried to call them but 30 mins to wait.

Is it simply that my returns have been accounted for after they posted out my paper statement?

To me, their ‘running total’ section makes everything so confusing.
I’m generally quite intelligent grin but I don’t find them as easy to understand as they used to be.

dementedpixie Fri 24-Nov-17 13:36:57

Did you have returns that weren't included on the paper statement? The online statement will be more up to date as it will include transactions posted after the date on the paper one

Verbena37 Fri 24-Nov-17 13:46:38

I guess I must have.
I’ll wait for the more ring back and ask them.
I guess it’s just neve happened that I’ve returned things and coincided with the paper statement before.

Verbena37 Fri 24-Nov-17 13:47:51

The thing that confused me was that the online page said returns were £154 yet current balance says 148 on paper.

K0729P Fri 24-Nov-17 14:01:47

I have found it a little more complicated than it needs to be lately. They even charged for a delayed item that I have never received.

To be fair a phone call to them yesterday (callback arranged as 15 min wait) and advisor was brill, had it sorted within a few minutes and even gave a £5 as goodwill gesture without any prompt.

ThePinkOcelot Fri 24-Nov-17 14:07:15

I don’t get paper statements now so would just have to go by in line.

Verbena37 Fri 24-Nov-17 14:34:41

It was as I thought and a crossover.
Yes, can’t fault their customer services.
Perhaps I’ll switch off paper statements to prevent confusion.

TefalTester123 Fri 24-Nov-17 15:01:31

I don't use them very often but also find it very confusing and have ended up paying interest by paying the wrong amount. I hate the system, don't want a credit account and would just like to pay in full for stuff when I order it. The whole thing seems to be set up to confuse and make you end up paying interest.

Verbena37 Fri 24-Nov-17 16:20:57

I thought that too Tefal.
Apparently, there is a way of paying upfront each time but it’s hard to find.

greenapplesplatter Fri 24-Nov-17 17:32:27

I've used my next directory account for years must be at least 15. Never ever had an issue.

Yet twice this year I've paid (what I thought was) my balance in full only to log in a couple of weeks later & have an amount due. Can't understand it, I need to go through the statements throughly I think to see where I'm going wrong but agree it's so confusing!!

Verbena37 Fri 24-Nov-17 21:12:32

Exactly.
I’m trying to remember how they did them before but I definitely remember them not having a running total section.

I’m not sure I can explain what I mean but say if you’ve bought items totalling £50 but then, before you paid that £50, you ordered other items for £80, it wouldnt show you having paid the £50 and go back to £0, it would automatically add on the new amount to say £130.

I don’t know....maybe I’ve explained that incorrectly but they do something that makes it tricky to clearly see what’s going on.

Ifonlyiweretaller Fri 24-Nov-17 22:21:11

I only buy from them now i can pay upfront - it used to be that they'd set up an account for you without you even being aware that was what they had done! I hated it. I find their website quite confusing too.

confusedlittleone Sat 25-Nov-17 06:42:31

I find them odd- my credit has increased from 200-2000, that's a bit of a jump!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now