Talk

Advanced search

To think it's not weird to pick your outfit for work the night before?

(55 Posts)
Wishiwasholsk Thu 23-Nov-17 22:44:01

I always do. it just saves me so much time in the morning. I can get dressed in less than 5 minutes.

Two of the women I work with thought this was exceptionally odd. Aibu?

Mrsfloss Thu 23-Nov-17 22:47:05

I do. I would never get my shit together otherwise but I’m up and out by 6.10

ScreamingValenta Thu 23-Nov-17 22:48:10

YANBU - I often plan mine for the whole week on a Sunday. It's something that's much easier to do when you're awake than half asleep.

WhatCanIDoNowPlease Thu 23-Nov-17 22:48:19

I do this most days, even bra and knickers get hung over the same coathangers. My brain doesn't really start to function usefully until I've been up and showered for a while, if I don't get pre-prepared I find myself just staring aimlessly into my wardrobe.

Oysterbabe Thu 23-Nov-17 22:48:59

It's not something I do but definitely not weird.

megletthesecond Thu 23-Nov-17 22:49:44

Yanbu. I put mine out on hangars with pants, bra and socks like whatcan.

champagneplanet Thu 23-Nov-17 22:58:17

YANBU. I do the same, including underwear and get bag/lunch ready.

I also do the same for DD for school. It's saves so much time in the morning and saves the panic of what to wear, plus it's a helping hand if you're running late.

cariadlet Thu 23-Nov-17 23:01:33

I do this - everything laid out ready. I'm often getting dressed for work while DP is still asleep. I don't want to put the light on and wake him up and there's no way I could pick clothes in the dark.

tulippa Thu 23-Nov-17 23:03:19

I always do. And I move my chosen item to one end of the wardrobe for easy access. Otherwise I'd be scrabbling around rattling coat hangers in the dark at 6.30am which is not fair on DH who is still in bed at that time. So YANBU and definitely not weird.

DandelionAndBedrock Thu 23-Nov-17 23:05:07

I saw hanger labels on Pinterest for each day of the week, so you assemble a day's outfit on a hanger, slip a tag on and grab that relevant outfit on the right day.

I always lay things out the night before though - otherwise I inevitably find I'm out of tights or pants or something.

mumeeee Thu 23-Nov-17 23:06:41

I do when I'm on an early shift the next day and DH would still be a sleep.

FaithEverPresent Thu 23-Nov-17 23:07:49

YANBU! I do shifts and I’m up early (old job it was 5.30ish!). I get everything out the night before including undies so I don’t have to turn lights on and disturb DH when he has another hour in bed and so I can just throw my clothes on once I’ve had a quick wash. I have a chair in the bedroom and everything goes on there.

mumof2sarah Thu 23-Nov-17 23:08:21

I do this too, for everyone in the house they are all picked and hung on the back of doors with underwear and shoes out too. I also put coats and bags near door and do packed lunches. Plus when I put away the evening meal plates I get out the plates/bowls and cutlery for the breakfast time and have that already too. I struggle in a morning with my illness so to be prepared the night before means I can cope better the next morning. Also means I rarely ever run late AND I have a more time with the kids in a morning rather than running round preparing etc x

BertieBotts Thu 23-Nov-17 23:10:06

Screaming I was thinking about this recently... do you mind me asking how you tend to do it? Do you usually re-wear any items of clothing or do you literally set out five completely different outfits, one for each day?

I do think I need to spend more effort and time on my appearance and clothes seems like such a small easy thing to start with.

NotCornflakes Thu 23-Nov-17 23:10:26

I always think I should do this. But I've only got about five work tops anyway, so I just wear the first clean one I can find, black trousers and cardi, done!

BeeFace Thu 23-Nov-17 23:11:35

See this is why I love wearing a uniform! Especially as it’s washed for me as well.

Tempnamelady Thu 23-Nov-17 23:15:22

I do this always ! Clothes including undies, packed lunches , two cups with tea bags in and sugar ( for DH). Even two Dentastix for the dogs for when I leave for work.

I’m very regimented as I like to go the gym first thing, and 8 have to return home walk the dogs get ready and commute in for about 9

AnnaBay Thu 23-Nov-17 23:16:10

I always do this, even bra and knickers get hung on the hanger and put on the back of the bathroom door.
I'm up at 5am so it makes sense to have it all ready rather than scuttling around in the dark disturbing everyone.

StillMedusa Thu 23-Nov-17 23:16:21

Always... I have my chair in the bedroom with underwear, trousers and top ready. My brain can't cope with any decsion making at 6.30 am!

SheGotBetteDavisEyes Thu 23-Nov-17 23:16:32

I imagine some will, some won't. Some will sometimes, maybe for early train or something.

There's just nothing about it that's remotely weird. So I guess, YANBU.

bluejelly Thu 23-Nov-17 23:19:37

I love the idea of the mon- fri labels on hangers. Genius.

PyongyangKipperbang Thu 23-Nov-17 23:22:42

My sister has a very high powered job but due to some archaic rule has to wear a uniform. She hates everything about it apart from the fact that she can get dressed with her eyes closed and never needs to give it a thought..............oh and the fact that the men's uniform looks even worse than the womens!

YANBU

DandelionAndBedrock Thu 23-Nov-17 23:24:33

My version of the hangers is to just assemble 5 days worth of outfits and decide the night before which one to put out and add in underwear. My other solution is that I rarely wear separates; any mug can choose a dress from a limited selection.

One of my colleagues always jokes that I sulk on Fridays because I don't like the outfit I'm left with.

MsHarveySpecter Thu 23-Nov-17 23:25:21

It's not weird, it's sensible

Originalfoogirl Thu 23-Nov-17 23:25:37

I have so few work outfits it takes seconds to choose what i’m Wearing on any given day.

Probably just as well as the thought of me being so organised the night before makes me laugh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: