Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever forgotten to be Father Christmas

(30 Posts)
tangerino Thu 23-Nov-17 15:57:58

I dreamt last night that I’d forgotten to put the presents in the children’s stockings (I know, I know confused)

Just wondered whether anyone had ever done this for real? I’ve had a few near misses forgetting to be the tooth fairy but never the big one grin

Tinselistacky Thu 23-Nov-17 16:01:57

Nearly forgot to put ds main present under the tree one year.
A friend called round Xmas eve and we opened a bottle of Bacardi, newly finished it off and was so drunk I forgot it. Remembered at stupid o'clock and had to climb on a chair to reach it. Puked out the car window all the way to my gm house for lunch. Never drank on Xmas eve since!! Bout 20 years ago!!

MiaFarrowsWheelbarrow Thu 23-Nov-17 16:04:46

Yes guilty as charged and had to keep my DS in their bedrooms on Christmas morning whilst my husband brought every present down from the loft and shoved them under the tree.

I'm also the parent who left my DS2 in his pram outside the shops and carried on walking my DS1 to school. I did run back for him as soon as I remembered (5mins?) and DS2 was fine and still there luckily. blush

I'm so glad they are all grown up and my head is less foggy now I have more sleep smile

DJBaggySmalls Thu 23-Nov-17 16:06:27

My anxiety dream is getting on the wrong train, but this is so much worse. If I did it in real life I'd have to run away and live as a hermit.

glitterbiscuits Thu 23-Nov-17 16:10:49

Father Christmas sometimes leaves things in my wardrobe which he finds the next year or for birthdays. Now the Tooth Fairy is a completely different story. She’s so lazy!

TheHungryDonkey Thu 23-Nov-17 16:13:43

I put them out on Christmas Eve morning by accident. I then had to ram them back in the cupboard quickly and quietly in great panic.

x2boys Thu 23-Nov-17 16:48:44

How can you forget being father xmasshockgrin ? I have forgot the tooth fairy she remembered the next night thankfully grin

RJnomore1 Thu 23-Nov-17 16:50:40

Yep had friends found on Xmas eve once bit merry went to bed without putting presents and stockings out or setting watch alarm to wake us.

Fortunately still woke before kids and managed it!

Coloursthatweremyjoy Thu 23-Nov-17 16:51:25

No thank goodness! The tooth fairy on the other hand is extremely unreliable and frequently has no change.

x2boys Thu 23-Nov-17 16:55:01

I did have to tell ds1 a few years ago that Santa had sent a text asking why he wasent asleep it was getting on a bit and I needed to get the stuff out grin

PantPlot Thu 23-Nov-17 16:55:37

I've done some doozies in my time but no, never forgotten to be FC grin

Funny though, one of my most unsettling recurring dreams is that I get to summer and realise I've forgotten to take the Xmas tree down!

fucksakefay Thu 23-Nov-17 16:57:08

Yep! Had to put them in the rooms very quickly at 6am - luckily no one woke up
Kids took so long to go to sleep I was asleep before them
The tooth fairy I am terrible at

Standandwait Thu 23-Nov-17 16:58:18

Mia I love it, that really has me ROTFL

Maybe83 Thu 23-Nov-17 17:03:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wheresmyphone Thu 23-Nov-17 17:08:39

Father Christmas always comes but the Tooth Fairy is REALLY unreliable. She has been known to forget 3 nights in a row! confused

Rockingthestocking Thu 23-Nov-17 17:14:20

Yep. completely forgot about the stocking / pillow case last year. No one noticed though. Just me. It felt like a Christmas tradition had been forgotten about and that made me sad.....the tradition of the pillow case is obviously more important to me than DD. Determined to reinforce that this year....with bells on!

Upsy1981 Thu 23-Nov-17 17:29:37

Father Christmas once left a bag of presents in the boot of my car and DH had to distract DD while I sneaked them under her bed and did a big faux shock 'Oh my word DD, what is this under your bed?' performance. Silly Santa.

Council Thu 23-Nov-17 17:30:43

We got to bed time on Christmas Eve once and I'd forgotten to do stockings at all shock blush I did cobble something together using sweets and biscuits already in the house and left overs from party bags. I knew there was a reason I wasted time and money on those abominations! I hadn't forgotten presents altogether just the stockings, main presents come from parents here.

The tooth fairy was regularly delayed by weather conditions making flying impossible grin

I'm so glad the Elf wasn't a thing when mine were small. There's no way I could have kept that up for a month.

Upsy1981 Thu 23-Nov-17 17:33:19

Tooth Fairy has also forgotten here, including recently and it was her last visit here sad She has also had to give Euros before as she hasn't had change and knew we were going on holiday soon -she's very clever!

Maybe83 Thu 23-Nov-17 17:41:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProseccoMamam Thu 23-Nov-17 17:52:05

Forgot to put DS1's bike out Christmas Eve so Christmas morning he had loads of presents but not his main. I realised halfway through unwrapping but stayed till everything was open, knocked on the wall ('door') and said oh dear I'll get that, went to the hallway, got the bike from the under stairs cupboard, opened the door, closed it and wheeled said bike to the living room. 'Oh look DS the elves forgot to drop this off yesterday, they were so busy and it didn't fit in Santa's sleigh but they dropped it off for you now instead'

5yo DS was so happy the elves came back to drop his bike off, DH said I should be an actress as I improvised very well grinsmile

Bumbumtaloo Thu 23-Nov-17 17:58:47

We haven’t forgotten to be Father Christmas but last year we forgot to put the carrot, mince pie, magic key etc out. We remembered as we were going to bed, after several ‘I know we’ve forgotten something’ from me.

The tooth fairy is shite in this house too.

LunasSpectreSpecs Thu 23-Nov-17 18:06:26

Yes. Well sort of.

A few years ago we were going to my parents for Christmas, they live about 90 minutes drive from us. Children were about 2 and 5. All the 5 year old wanted was a Disney Princess dress from Santa, it was bought well in advance of time and squirrelled away in the cupboard. At around 7.30 or 8pm on Christmas Eve the kids were tucked up in bed and we started putting presents out and filling stockings. No Disney dress. Lots of frantic searching. No Disney dress. Only conclusion was that it was in the cupboard at home.

Thank goodness I hadn't had anything to drink, so it was back in the car with a less than sober DH to "keep me company", 90 minutes back home, retrieve dress, back in car, 90 minutes back to parents house. Finally arrived back around 2am. Fecking nightmare.

Mia1415 Thu 23-Nov-17 18:06:58

I've not yet forgotten to be Father Christmas, but that damn Elf....why did I start it!?! This year I really am going to try harder.

73kittycat73 Fri 24-Nov-17 01:45:13

Yes unfortunately. Looking after a child with AHDD and she was still awake in the small hours. Must have both drifted off in the end. Woke up to her asking if Santas' been. I'm like, 'just a minute, I'll go and check. Just checking now, won't be long.' Whilst frantically moving everything from the cupboard to the tree!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: