Talk

Advanced search

LBC.... Trans women and non trans women.

(290 Posts)
therealposieparker Tue 21-Nov-17 18:39:28

AIBU to expect us to be called women?
At first we're cis, then non men and now non-trans?

What the hell is happening?

ClaryFray Tue 21-Nov-17 18:42:12

I don't know. I don't care.

I call myself a women, cause I was born one. End off. Doesn't bother me what others refer to my sex. If someone insisted on calling me non trans to my face though there would be issues.

picklemepopcorn Tue 21-Nov-17 18:44:00

LBC? In what context?

ItWentInMyEye Tue 21-Nov-17 18:46:52

I don't like being called cis, because I'm a woman and want to be known as one. What other people want to call themselves doesn't really bother me.

Fekko Tue 21-Nov-17 18:47:57

So what are men called these days?

FriendNoMore Tue 21-Nov-17 18:51:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

hazeyjane Tue 21-Nov-17 18:52:17

Men. Preferably MEN.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 21-Nov-17 18:53:37

TIMs (trans identifying male) and women would be my preferred terms. Transwomen are not a subset of women <sigh>

Fekko Tue 21-Nov-17 18:54:28

I identify as being a miserable old bat.

hazeyjane Tue 21-Nov-17 18:54:55

No a transwoman is a transwoman, and as a transwoman deserves equal rights and respect and to live a life free from bullying. But a transwoman is not a woman.

FriendNoMore Tue 21-Nov-17 18:55:17

GinSoddenWhore Tue 21-Nov-17 18:56:30

No Friend. They are not women. Saying it doesn't make it true.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 21-Nov-17 18:56:54

No a transwoman is a transwoman,

No a Transwoman is a man who identifies as trans. I agree with the rest of what you wrote though grin

I am starting to not use the term transwomen and I think it gives them undue legitimacy

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 21-Nov-17 18:57:34

They are not a subset or anything else just women, like you and me

They really really arent

thelonelyhamster Tue 21-Nov-17 18:58:28

Transwomen are not a subset of women <sigh>

Women are not a subset of women either... that's what bothers me more. Not people wishing to identify into being a woman so much as the relegation of women even further down the pecking order.

Transwomen are women, actual women are a subset. Bonkers.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Tue 21-Nov-17 18:58:49

*They are not a subset or anything else just women, like you and me*

Care to offer a definition of ‘woman’ without using the word ‘woman’ or a sexist stereotype?

ScipioAfricanus Tue 21-Nov-17 18:59:21

This is insanity. I’m not non-trans anymore than I’m non-butterfly.

Thedriftofstars Tue 21-Nov-17 19:01:36

So having a penis makes you a woman, Friend?

FriendNoMore Tue 21-Nov-17 19:03:24

shutitandtidyupgitface Tue 21-Nov-17 19:04:50

Yanbu to want to be called a women, YABU to TransWoman in your Title both you and them are just women no quailifers

NO. I am a woman. A person with a penis is not a woman of any kind, never mind is one just the same as I am.

This madness has to be challenged.

LaContessaDiPlump Tue 21-Nov-17 19:04:53

Transwomen are not women. They can identify as women all they like and I'll nod politely and use their preferred pronouns, but we're not the same, anymore than I'd be a man just because I declared myself to be one.

shutitandtidyupgitface Tue 21-Nov-17 19:05:23

some women can have a penis makes them no less a woman

Hello, Earth calling. Penis= not a woman.

streetlife70s Tue 21-Nov-17 19:06:36

‘A woman’ is born with xx chromosomes and is born with a vagina, uterus, ovaries etc. Unless there is a specific medical abnormality that clouds the chromosomal distinction, a woman is an adult female.

If someone is born with XY chromosomes, is born with male sex organs and no female reproductive organs they are male.

Anything else including feelings, dress codes, behaviour or appearance cannot be used to change the biological facts.

crunchtime Tue 21-Nov-17 19:06:49

having a penis is the very thing that prevents you from being a woman.

This really is the most bonkers thing ever!

Transpeople have every right to a decent life, to wear what they want, act as they like and have protection under law in terms of employment etc howver they are NOT women.

hazeyjane Tue 21-Nov-17 19:08:27

Of course, a woman can have a penis, testicles, a tail, a full set of working mandibles and a unicorn horn. Anything is possible if you just believe.

Sod it, have it then, bugger biology, a transwoman is a woman. I'm a fucking goddess.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: