Talk

Advanced search

To be slightly proud about this?

(7 Posts)
JustMarriedMeg Tue 21-Nov-17 18:26:47

I work in a Nursery, in the toddler room. I don't have a key group or key children because I'm not a manager but I do love my job.

I work with a little girl, I'll call A. She has a speech delay amongst other issues and doesn't say much at all at Nursery when she does talk most of it isn't understandable. She's a sweet girl though. Her mum knows I'm posting this here by the way

I had a week off for my honeymoon last week hence the username and today was my first day back. I got in this morning and sat on the floor in the play area. A came up said "Hiya Meggy" the first time she's ever spoken to me, she sat with me and her friends for a story then they all had breakfast.

At lunchtime I put As food in front of her and she utter the words "thank you" clear as anything.

And then at home time, in front of her mum she turned to me and says "bye bye Meggy" and waved at me.

A never speaks at Nursery, so I feel so so happy and proud that she chose to speak to me.

I probably am BUR but I just feel so super proud.

I am a mum myself to a 5 year old so have name changed for this

hesterton Tue 21-Nov-17 18:28:43

Sounds like you have made a real difference to her. Those small steps are so significant. flowers

JustMarriedMeg Tue 21-Nov-17 20:56:25

The strange thing is I don't treat her any differently to the other children. She just spoke to me. Of course I know not to make a big fuss or song and dance about it, but did praise her when she said thank you like I do the other children "Well done for saying Thank you"

Goldenbug Tue 21-Nov-17 21:54:57

There's probably something you do or some part of your character that for some reason chimes with her. Childcare can be real fun can't it!?

monkeysox Tue 21-Nov-17 21:57:47

Yanbu that's lovely flowers

WinterRose92 Tue 21-Nov-17 22:05:42

Aww, that's so lovely! She obviously feels very safe/comfortable around you!

emmyrose2000 Tue 21-Nov-17 22:59:23

That's lovely. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now