Talk

Advanced search

aibu to ask for your spa day recomendations

(9 Posts)
Teamkhaleesi Mon 20-Nov-17 15:21:05

Posting for traffic - sorry!

Can anyone recommend a decent spa day around beds/bucks/herts? A friend and me are booking one as a surprise for another friend but neither of us know the areas particularly well! Thanks grin

PinkSnowAndStars Mon 20-Nov-17 15:48:05

Whittlebury Hall at Towcester. (Not far from bucks or beds border!)

Rebeccaslicker Mon 20-Nov-17 15:53:28

I LOVE me a good spa day!! Not been to anywhere around there, but here's a trip advisor link where you'll get some candid photos and reviews. I would normally avoid anywhere too big at the weekend as they can be really busy:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelsList-Buckinghamshire-Spa-Hotels-zfp9443.html

HarrietBasset Mon 20-Nov-17 17:32:29

Champneys Tring is lovely. Border of Herts and Bucks x

dingdongdigeridoo Mon 20-Nov-17 17:35:55

Veralanium spa in St Albans is lovely and very friendly.

Apparently the Y Spa near Wyboston Lakes is good too. It has an outdoor heated pool thing that’s on year round, so I’m booking it to cure my January blues!

Namechangetempissue Mon 20-Nov-17 17:40:30

I have been to Whittlebury Hall loads of times, but it can be a bit hit and miss. I have had some lovely treatments and one superb 5 course dinner, been to a decent tribute night and the facilities are nice.
The only issues I have had is it can be ridiculously over crowded to the point people are lining up to get in the sauna/steam/jacuzzi and obviously this is far from relaxing. It is the mecca for hen dos so can be loud. The rooms have paper thin walls and if you get a noisy neighbour you will hear everything they do, although they are nicely furnished.
If you go during the week it should be great.

catchyjem Mon 20-Nov-17 17:58:45

I love the aquasana at center parcs. The one in Woburn is excellent.

tellitlikeitispls Mon 20-Nov-17 18:08:02

y spa at wyboston is lovely. You can mooch in the pool with a glass of vino.
Whittlebury hall is nice but a bit 'cheesy' (if thats what you want its perfect!) Not many 'rooms' to visit.
The centreparcs spa at woburn is fantastic. I have no idea if you can book it separately to a 'stay' but I would imagine so.

Teamkhaleesi Mon 20-Nov-17 21:04:10

Y spa looks fab! A glass of wine in the pool is enough to sell it alone.

I think we have a winner - thanks everybody for your replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now