Talk

Advanced search

To want to buy grey jersey school trousers in November

(22 Posts)
RidiculousDiversion Mon 20-Nov-17 09:59:15

AIBU? Really? All the shops seem to think so. Asda, TU, Tesco, Amazon, eBay, Debenhams, M&S - none of their websites have any grey jersey school trousers for a 9 year old girl.

I can understand individual shops selling out of stock in pre-internet days, but surely these big companies have a warehouse somewhere with more stock that they could link to their websites? They must know that children grow the whole year round.

formerbabe Mon 20-Nov-17 10:01:12

I've also been looking for grey jersey school trousers...it's a nightmare. Can't find them anywhere, even online.

isittheholidaysyet Mon 20-Nov-17 10:04:08

Yes you are completely unreasonable.

It's Christmas.

Why would you want to buy normal clothes or food. Or birthday cards. Or anything which is not Christmas related. Don't you realise it's the middle of November??

didyouseethesunwasred Mon 20-Nov-17 10:04:11

I got some in Asda the other week, you should be able to order them to collect in store if they arnt in stock

ContraryLollipop Mon 20-Nov-17 10:07:15

I had the same problem back in August, if you mean grey joggers? Could find lots of light grey, navy, black or logoed ones but no dark grey! Had to make do with black. Strange.

FrayedHem Mon 20-Nov-17 10:07:34

Have you tried Next?

Sounds like the retailers have not expected the demand for jersey.

GerrytheBerry Mon 20-Nov-17 10:08:29

Matalan have them.

TwoBobs Mon 20-Nov-17 10:09:29

I had the same issue when my son was in Reception at Christmastime. I now stock up on the next size up in the summer when uniform is everywhere. It sits in my wardrobe until he needs them

dramallamakarma Mon 20-Nov-17 10:10:27

I’ve ordered some from M&S:

https://www.marksandspencer.com/girls-regular-leg-trousers/p/p22388768?prevPage=srp&pdpredirect

dramallamakarma Mon 20-Nov-17 10:12:33

Sorry just realised they are out of stock in the size you want... they had some yesterday!

JaniceBattersby Mon 20-Nov-17 10:15:24

I’ve been to Matalan, Next, Asda, M&S and Tesco looking for red round-neck school sweatshirts. Nope. None, anywhere.

Allthewaves Mon 20-Nov-17 10:17:44

Order online and get delivered to store. I do this with all m&s school stuff

RidiculousDiversion Mon 20-Nov-17 10:17:51

didyousee out of stock in Asda in her size

contrary not joggers, these but in her size

drama those aren't jersey - she only likes the soft, jersey ones and won't wear the stiffer ones

I clearly ABU. But I also need something to keep dd's legs warm.

RidiculousDiversion Mon 20-Nov-17 10:20:17

Gerry Matalan only have joggers, not proper uniform trousers, as far as I can see.

All I'm trying! They're all out of stock.

dramallamakarma Mon 20-Nov-17 10:32:18

@RidiculousDiversion they are thick soft jersey, god knows why they call them knitted trousers!

NewtsSuitcase Mon 20-Nov-17 10:36:56

Is it because most schools won't allow them so demand is generally low?

RidiculousDiversion Mon 20-Nov-17 10:43:23

drama That's worth knowing, thank you! It didn't look like they were from the description on the website. Would help if it said 'jersey'...

FrayedHem Thank you! I hadn't tried Next, and they have them. Woohoo! Bit of a shock when you're used to supermarket prices, though.

Newts No idea? Our school is is fine with them, I didn't realise others might not be. They're actually a lot more practical for girls who want to do the splits / high kicks etc in the playground - that's why dd likes them. She needs the stretchiness, as well as disliking the feel of the other type, which she says are 'crunchy and tight'.

formerbabe Mon 20-Nov-17 11:23:11

I always found them hard to find. It's so annoying because I think they are so much more practical and comfortable than the trousers with fastenings/zips and skirts/dresses/tights combos.

Lostmyunicorn Mon 20-Nov-17 12:12:57

If you need an alternative, my DC wears thermal leggings in black or grey and then a skirt / shorts over the top. Super soft, none of the itchiness of tights and much easier to get on / off for PE etc. M&S do really good ones.

RidiculousDiversion Mon 20-Nov-17 12:28:17

Lost That's an interesting thought - where do you get the thermal leggings in the right shade of grey? And does your dd wear her socks under the leggings (so short ones) and presumably grey? I think dd's standard white school knee socks might look a bit odd...

RidiculousDiversion Mon 20-Nov-17 12:28:51

Lost Sorry, you said M&S, teach me to do three things at once.

Lostmyunicorn Tue 21-Nov-17 17:11:27

She just wears trainer socks under them but m&s have them in white as well if that would work instead of white sock?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now