Talk

Advanced search

to think someone is breaking in at night and stealing our spoons?

(76 Posts)
Worriedobsessive Sun 19-Nov-17 23:31:02

That’s the only rational explanation. We are a normal family and yet I have just had to order more dessert spoons as there appear to be only 2 left! And this is after buying extras last year!!! WTF? Where are the spoons going?

Lily2007 Sun 19-Nov-17 23:32:37

In the sofa?

Somethingfantastic89 Sun 19-Nov-17 23:33:29

Do you have teenagers? The spoons (and plates and cups)... all in their rooms grin

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Sun 19-Nov-17 23:33:33

Same place as all of our socks.

ijustwannadance Sun 19-Nov-17 23:34:26

Usually they are being put in the bin by mistake when scraping plates.

Or if you have teenagers, probably in their rooms somewhere, growing mould.

RefuseTheLies Sun 19-Nov-17 23:34:42

This happens with toilet paper in our house. It just seems to vanish astonishingly fast.

Battleax Sun 19-Nov-17 23:34:45

I think people throw my teaspoons in the bin by mistake. When I bought cheaper (lighter, smaller) ones it got worse.

I've threatened to buy cutlery that's chained to the table. I'll shout if I find a supplier wink

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sun 19-Nov-17 23:34:58

Ditto in the sofa. Some might have gone in the bin.

Notevilstepmother Sun 19-Nov-17 23:36:14

I was going to ask about teenagers, some of them are too dozy to check what they are putting in the bin.

But that would assume that the plates and spoons have made it out of the —pits of doom— DC bedroom.

KnockMeDown Sun 19-Nov-17 23:37:04

People (whoever lives in your house ) are using them to eat food such as ice cream straight from the tub, and then throwing the lot in the bin.

That is what is happening.

How you stop it is another matter.

Hope this helps.

Battleax Sun 19-Nov-17 23:37:41

But that would assume that the plates and spoons have made it out of the —pits of doom— DC bedroom.

That's exactly when they're at peak sulk and minimum attention grin

Notevilstepmother Sun 19-Nov-17 23:37:43

- -pits- -

— pits —

EndoplasmicReticulum Sun 19-Nov-17 23:37:44

They end up in the bin, people throw a yoghurt pot away without taking the spoon out.

We've lost spoons but gained forks. How is that possible?

Battleax Sun 19-Nov-17 23:38:29

pits?

Notevilstepmother Sun 19-Nov-17 23:39:32

My crossing out won’t work.

I expect one of DC friends mums is wondering where all her forks went.

puddleduckmummy Sun 19-Nov-17 23:39:56

Erm I think I may have them blush my spoons have been multiplying without reason! Do you want them back?!

NoSquirrels Sun 19-Nov-17 23:46:21

I found a spoon (sticky) carefully put away in the felt-tip pen pot, earlier today.

So check there. Or other, similarly random, places.

Dirty uncivilised beasts I live with.

DancingLedge Sun 19-Nov-17 23:47:09

In the cutlery drawer, in the quiet of the night, they silently split into forks.
The process is reversible; sometimes the forks fuse into spoons, and you are find yourself searching for forks.
The ways of cutlery are strange, contrary, and forever in a state of flux.

NoSquirrels Sun 19-Nov-17 23:48:47

Oh! Also - in the flour (if you have people who bake). In the sugar packet/sugar tin (ditto). In the Nutella jar (covered in gloop). In the cornflour (may have been guilty of this myself... but also people who make slime may be responsible for it hmm).

x2boys Sun 19-Nov-17 23:50:28

They do this with all.my cutlery but particularly my forks I'm very protective of my forks and get upset when one goes missing us_usually in dh car_

badbadhusky Sun 19-Nov-17 23:51:47

How you stop it is another matter.

Sounds like no more ice cream or yoghurt is the answer. Or buy more spoons.

Excitedforxmas Sun 19-Nov-17 23:51:52

They'll be with the hair bobbles, Tupperware lids and hair grips!

Worriedobsessive Sun 19-Nov-17 23:56:36

grin ha ha!

No teens here, sofa has thrown up two knives, Apple TV remote, some batteries and embarrassingly, a saucer. No spoons.

The PP with too many spoons, can you pop them in the post? I’ll swap you for some socks and a huge bag of the fluff that the dryer produces. No idea how that gets there but we have Tons of it.

Worriedobsessive Sun 19-Nov-17 23:57:12

I’m also missing the plastic straws that go in kids water bottles. They disappear overnight.

badbadhusky Sun 19-Nov-17 23:58:46

We've lost spoons but gained forks. How is that possible?

We have about 4 of the forks from DH’s office kitchen in our cutlery drawer. One even found its way to my office. blush

I found a spoon (sticky) carefully put away in the felt-tip pen pot, earlier today.

When DS1 was little I put my hand in my handbag to get my keys out & was perturbed to find a toddler spoon laden with petit filous had been posted in there. Gooey. sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: