Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to use Michael Mcintyre's Midnight Gameshow as test for all future partners?

(43 Posts)
refusetobeasheep Sun 19-Nov-17 21:30:27

For those who haven’t seen it yet, Michael plus film crew pop up in your bedroom in the early hours and subject your partner to a game show.
Without exception every man i have been with would go mental.
The man on last night (just watched on catch up) though bemused played along and found it funny.
I want a guy like him who would find it funny. AIBU to use as a barometer to determine viability of all future relationships?

TheSnowFairy Sun 19-Nov-17 22:27:18

DH would have reacted really well too.

I, however, would have gone batshit mental and the beeping thing would have been on constantly grin

Ruthlessrooster Sun 19-Nov-17 22:31:25

Michael McIntyre is an ocean-going prick. The only reasonable reaction to his sudden appearance in close proximity would be to strap him into a giant centrifuge full of scalding hot dogshit, wind it up to 3000 rpm and then jettison him into the sun

BoneyBackJefferson Sun 19-Nov-17 22:41:17

YABU to use liking Michael McIntyre as a yard stick for anything (unless the stick is to beat him with Humour)

Ninjakittysmells Sun 19-Nov-17 22:45:35

My mum had an emergency in middle of the night and let herself into my house to wake me. I screamed the place down and threw things at her - Michael McIntyre would have been loooong gone! My ex was a black belt copper, I wouldn’t have liked his chances with him either if startled! They must warn them or know somethings going on!

16petrieg Sat 02-Dec-17 21:04:32

Can you do the midnight game show on my mum and step dad

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Sat 02-Dec-17 21:06:59

What is this (weird!) show and where can I watch it?

mareemallory Sat 02-Dec-17 21:08:21

I would be unable to continue a relationship with a man who reacted with anything other than horror and disgust to the presence of Michael Mcintyre. Describing things doesn't magically become funny just because you're doing it with a posh accent!

Killdora Sat 02-Dec-17 21:14:31

It might not be a great test, though I see where you are coming from.

Dh would say (obviously grin) that I’m a lovely wife and not lacking in a sense of humour.

But I am, and this is not an exaggeration, fucking feral if I’ve been woken up suddenly/with a shock. Poor Michael would be scarred for life.

(Strangely enough the only humans exempt from this five minute sleepy fury are the dc)

Neverender Sat 02-Dec-17 21:19:16

McIntyre would get punched in this house - by both of us. And then he'd wake the baby and the rule here is "you wake the baby, you take the baby." Que shit gameshow where he has to look after a 1yr old with his shiny new black eye.

WhirlwindHugs Sat 02-Dec-17 21:23:05

I agree it is a genius test!

DH would definitely do the bemused sleepy thing. I would have to get over my heart attack and then be on top form from adrenaline!

Also, you don't have to like Michael to find the midnight quiz hilarious. He doesn't wake them up with stand-up!

Send to all is fantastic too.

AlwaysHangry Sat 02-Dec-17 21:24:14

I would go mental no one and I mean no ones talks to me before I've had a coffee and at least 20 minutes to come round. He would be back out that door with a round of fucks in his ear!

RumAppleGinger Sat 02-Dec-17 21:31:04

Both me and DH would totally lose our shit. Having been burgled in the past the thought of anyone being in my house that shouldn't be there while my family is asleep terrifies the shit out me and would be met by unbridled violence.

Feilin Sat 02-Dec-17 21:39:41

Simply “AWAY AND GO FUCK” would be my dh lol

wasonthelist Sat 02-Dec-17 21:43:35

Agree it's a good test. I don't know anyone who finds McIntyre even remotely funny but there must be plenty of them out there.

JonSnowsWhore Sat 02-Dec-17 21:43:37

How funny was the man tonight though 😂

BackBoiler Sat 02-Dec-17 21:48:14

I dont think DH would realise it was real. He would randomly mutter nothingness and no one would understand him!

BackBoiler Sat 02-Dec-17 21:49:24

I would have sussed them as they had pulled up in their vehicle!

helensburgh Sat 02-Dec-17 21:51:09

That guy was hilarious tonight.
Mind you the rest of the show was shit.
Jessie J !!!!

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 02-Dec-17 21:54:14

DH would react really well because that's just who he is; he's always calm and rational.

I, however, am a fucking fucker if I'm woken up in the middle of the night for anything other than extreme danger so I'd have fashioned my kindle into a shiv and stabbed him through the heart within 10 seconds of his arrival.

StillMedusa Sat 02-Dec-17 22:01:06

My DS2 went to kiss me goodnight after I had fallen asleep downstairs....

I socked him in the jaw! (he's 20 and survived the experience once I'd woken properly and apologised. I don't think he'll do that again tho!)

I wouldn't react well to MM waking me up! grin

MeadowHay Sat 02-Dec-17 22:17:37

Practically everyone I know loves MM including myself and DH. I don't think I've ever met anyone who has said they don't like him, this thread has been an eye-opener smile.

Although I think YABU tbh because it's pretty unnatural a situation to find yourself in. I'm one of those people who jumps at every little noise and a light sleeper so I'd almost certainly here them well before they were in the room by which point I'd be absolutely pooing myself with fright and as I have an anxiety disorder that would be cruel.

DorisDangleberry Sat 02-Dec-17 22:28:11

My DH would react perfectly - which means he would reach under the bed, pull out the sawn off and blow his head off.

MilesHuntsWig Sat 02-Dec-17 22:44:00

Like your style ruthlessrooster

iklboo Sat 02-Dec-17 23:46:34

On holiday in Norway on a trip we passed a billboard for a Michael McIntyre show.

'As if the suicide rate here isn't high enough' deadpanned the guide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now