Talk

Advanced search

About mystery packages arriving for DP

(37 Posts)
whereiscaroline Sun 19-Nov-17 11:54:41

Posted about this before, but under a name change and can't find original thread. DP has been receiving parcels from Amazon, which neither of us have ordered. All bank statements checked, and Amazon say that these are being paid for by a gift card, but can't say who's sending them.

In the past he has received some charging leads, some other cables which we had no idea what they were for, and the weirdest one yet, a baseball cap with integrated hidden camera (!!!).

There's been no parcels received for a couple of months, until today, when these came. Another strange cable, and an MP3 player in a box with a weird poem. This is driving us CRAZY! Who is sending these things and WHY?! grin

AIBU to ask for your ideas to solve this mystery, Mumsnetters?!

DJBaggySmalls Sun 19-Nov-17 11:57:32

I dont want to be that person, but I'd tell Amazon to quit sending anything that cant be traced back to a name and address, in case he has a stalker.

GlitteryFluff Sun 19-Nov-17 12:03:32

How weird!
I'd contact Amazon, explain and see if they can put a stop to any orders not sent by yourselves.

Heratnumber7 Sun 19-Nov-17 12:05:58

Do you have children? Could someone be accidentally ordering things you’ve looked at on Amazon but not bought?

Heratnumber7 Sun 19-Nov-17 12:06:54

Or could be that your data has got mixed up with someone with similar details, who is wondering where the hell all his stuff is.
It happens.

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Sun 19-Nov-17 12:10:02

I agree that you should tell amazon not to deliver this stuff anymore and send it straight back.
If you were thinking it is a stalker, could you get the police involved - they would have more pressure to apply to amazon to reveal the source.

WishingOnABar Sun 19-Nov-17 12:11:02

Is dp a spy? grin

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Sun 19-Nov-17 12:11:27

There can't be millions of people ordering baseball caps with integrated cameras - amazon coyld find out who is ordering this stuff if they really wanted to.

SnipSnipMrBurgess Sun 19-Nov-17 12:13:26

Amazon can't put a block on orders being delivered to your house if the orders are not placed on your account.

If they are able to trace the order they can walk the gift sender and tell them to contact you as there seems to be an issue with the deliveries.

But they can't give you info on the gift sender due to data protection so of you want that info you will have to go to the police who can request it. Amazon have a department who deals with police requests.

rollingonariver Sun 19-Nov-17 12:13:53

Change your password on your account for one. If they keep coming then maybe tell amazon to stop sending anything that isn’t ordered from your account?

RavenBlack Sun 19-Nov-17 12:14:24

There's obviously been a mixup. As a pp said, the delivery details have got muddled.

We get people trying to deliver flowers and parcels to our address 3 Riverbank, Stourport-on-Severn, when it should be 3 River's Bank, Astley Cross - 1.5 miles down the Road.

(not my real address obvs!)

Grab the postie/delivery person next time and say 'it's not ours; send it back!'

NC4now Sun 19-Nov-17 12:14:30

This is totally intriguing- I have no idea what’s going on though!

SnipSnipMrBurgess Sun 19-Nov-17 12:15:39

Also fecpecu is the manufacturer of the mp3 and that's a poem they put in the box with orders. Someone didn't type that up specifically for your DH.

SoupDragon Sun 19-Nov-17 12:18:39

amazon coyld find out who is ordering this stuff if they really wanted to.

Yes, they can. What they can't do is tell the OP.

noblegiraffe Sun 19-Nov-17 12:19:58

It's possible that someone who has sent you something through amazon before has accidentally set your address as default. Could you post on Facebook asking?

But then they wouldn't always be paying by gift card and surely they'd be wondering where their stalker baseball cap was?

How very odd.

IsItThursdayYet Sun 19-Nov-17 12:21:51

My sister received a mystery Amazon parcel and returned it with no problems. If you think it's been sent in error it's probably best to do that otherwise someone somewhere is out of pocket.

NeedsAsockamnesty Sun 19-Nov-17 12:23:07

I get orders for someone who lives in the next village all the bloody time it’s very tedious, could it be some5ing like that?

Iooselipssinkships Sun 19-Nov-17 12:24:24

Did you post about DP getting spyware before?

diddl Sun 19-Nov-17 12:26:30

Why don't you just send stuff back if neither of you have ordered anything?

deepestdarkestperu Sun 19-Nov-17 12:29:55

Just send it back. Why do you keep accepting it all?

WellThisIsShit Sun 19-Nov-17 12:30:29

Weird. Photo it all and return to Amazon? That way the person knows their weird parcels are being rejected...

PolkaDottyRose Sun 19-Nov-17 12:32:18

Does he have a public wish list on Amazon? people v
can order from that I think.

Chrys2017 Sun 19-Nov-17 12:33:16

It's not being sent to the wrong address if it has OPs partner's name and address on it!

QuestionableMouse Sun 19-Nov-17 12:33:23

Who's name is on the parcels?

CaoNiMa Sun 19-Nov-17 12:34:02

I have that Ruizu MP3 player from China. It’s rubbish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now