Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask for some inspiration for Xmas gifts for 10yo DD

(13 Posts)
4foxsake Sun 19-Nov-17 00:13:50

Really stuck this year confused.

7yo DD2 has got loads of things on her list but really struggling to think of things to buy for the 10yo (she really wants a mobile phone but I've told her that she had to wait until she's 11 for that - another 7 months).

So what are your tween Dds getting for Xmas this year...?

numbmum83 Sun 19-Nov-17 00:22:26

My 10 yr old wants an instax camera, adidas superstars trainers, river island vouchers , make up , lush bath bombs and onesies .

Juicyfruitloop Sun 19-Nov-17 00:42:13

Does she have an iPod. Probably to much like a phone with access yo the internet. I also went for the camera, beats, seems to be all small expensive presents at this age. I am also at a loose end for a bit of reasonably priced bulk.

KeepServingTheDrinks Sun 19-Nov-17 00:56:35

Whilst it's not for me to question or disrespect your choices, OP, can I just revist the phone thing.

Assume you're saying 'not until you're 11' because you're thinking of a mobile once they start secondary?

Can I just flag up that kids are HOPELESS with phones for AGES. They lose them. They don't answer them or respond to your trying desperately not to be frantic messages. Then they ring you to ask you something spurious and ridiculous.

A chance to practice BEFORE they start secondary school is no bad thing. AND you can buy them a rubbish/cheap one and tell them that if they can manage that, then their next phone will be something more decent.
Just saying.

Otherwise, something make-up/body care-y would be nice. If she You-Tubes, something rubbish (and overpriced) by one of the YouTubers would probably be appreciated.

JosephineBucket Sun 19-Nov-17 01:11:05

DD 10 will be getting a mobile for Christmas but she is very nearly 11 and it will be a cheap pay as you go, mainly for emergencies when she walks to school.

She also wants a ukulele - we are in deep negotiations over that one grin

PomBearWithAnOFRS Sun 19-Nov-17 02:18:42

One of those fingerlings pet thingies? Or a "feisty pet"?
My youngest is getting a phone this year, he is in yr6 and turns 11 in December. It's just a cheap PAYG from Amazon.
A onesie maybe?

ZombieVampireHedgehog Sun 19-Nov-17 02:28:33

The book based on that movie that has just come out, it should link you to one about a boy a similar age who has to live in a bubble as he has no immune system. My DC's found them really inspiring.

Failing that decent felt tips, decent pencil crayons, decent pencil sharpener, pack of pencils, drawing journal, colouring books, Keri Smith does a fab collection of books that give you crazy things to do. Look at Wreck this Journal and those type of books.

Nocabbageinmyeye Sun 19-Nov-17 03:39:39

My dd is just 12 and is getting a phone but other things I know she would like would be an Instax camera, art supplies, books, jewellery, make up, a nice mirror

ZombieVampireHedgehog Sun 19-Nov-17 04:44:43

That book is called Wonder btw.

I've got most of the Keri Smith stuff for myself, I go to use it and a DC has started it.

Maybe a journal, Wilko's do a sweet one for £2.50 inspired by cats that has hopes, dreams, stuff I did great, it's grey & sparkly. They have love heart post it's. To Do List, stickers for journals so prioritising that kinda thing.

Xennialish Sun 19-Nov-17 05:36:59

Instax camera and even more importantly film, accessories and scrapbooking stuff to go with.

Cropped hoodies and cool trainers.

Hair bands with ears.

Definitely e103 karaoke microphone (but get sister one too!).

Chokers for small necks, Amazon do huge multipacks which are tiny.

Art stuff, especially cartoon orientated materials.

Screw on earrings if no holes.

Sports wear outfits ie garish leggings with matching crop top.

Trip to musical/ ballet/ gig with you.

Cinema voucher.

hels71 Sun 19-Nov-17 08:10:21

DD, 10, is getting a sewing machine, (small and half price in hobbycraft) a hoodie, a couple of book sets from the book people(one is the Crestomanci series) and a couple of small craft kits.

WhatwouldAryado Sun 19-Nov-17 08:14:16

My 10 year old wants her own hairdryer; some lip balms; a pair of non school trainers; unicorn everything; a new school rucksack and a hammock for festivals / bushcraft.

implantsandaDyson Sun 19-Nov-17 08:38:51

Mine is getting an
Echo Dot
A rake of Primark Harry Potter stuff
Books
Stationery
Pop Vinyls - Harry Potter/Once Upon a Time

She’s had a mobile phone for about a year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: