Talk

Advanced search

To think ASDA advent pillows just aren't going to catch on???

(44 Posts)
Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 16:37:36

I live in Ireland.

Asda 😫😡😫😡😫😡😫😡😫😡

Have had a nightmare... DH over in UK past few days and I had the bright idea of doing a George and Asda “click and collect”. For an Irish customer trying to organise this (and they do advertise delivery to ireland - but only for very selected stock) it’s shite! SHITE!!

So click and collect first stage give your postcode.. doesn’t accept Irish postcodes so put in MIL postcode. This then causes problems with Visa card as postcode doesn’t match with address associated with card. It then asks for a mobile number to send messages regarding order... but won’t accept an Irish mobile number.

So far this system has cumulated in us having to pay priority postage as George wouldn’t process our click and collect, and last night DH was left in Asda with a cancelled food click and collect due to card security issues (resultant from the Asda website inconsistencies in card address and billing address as we can’t put in our own address).

So if I haven’t bored you already with my Asda saga... it cumulated in me opening my George order at home in Ireland (after DH picking it up from MILs address in the UK) to find a pack of two pillows, instead of two advent calendars (picture of advent pillows attached).... WTAF Phoned George and they are happy to send replacement to my MIL in Wales but I live in Ireland. I explained to the woman this is your error and it needs to be remedied by you posting calendars to Ireland, obviously they are designed to be used from the first of December and my MIL is frail and in her 80s I don’t expect her to get to the post office and pay for our parcels to be sent on to Ireland so sending to her house again not an option. DH will not be in UK again until very close to Christmas. Awaiting phonecall from Asda in Leeds between 10-11am.

Obviously phonecall didn’t come, phoned again and spoke to customer services manager. Said again they can’t won’t do it - because if they did it for me they’d have to do it for everyone 🙄. That was the reason 🙄

AIBU expect ASDA to do their best to resolve this issue and send on the calendars to ireland? If they were clothes they would happily send them, but refuse as they are toys! Not huge heavy toys, certainly no heavier that a good coat and some jeans.

Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 16:40:32

Advent pillows....

mrsm43s Fri 17-Nov-17 16:42:42

Honestly, I think you're expecting too much. The most you can realistically hope for is a refund of the cost of the advent calendars.

ClashCityRocker Fri 17-Nov-17 16:43:19

Why on earth did they send you pillows instead of an advert calander?

FuzzyCustard Fri 17-Nov-17 16:43:37

Ah well, pillows will last longer. Just buy some Quality Street and have one a day for Advent.

Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 16:45:00

Mrsm43..... do you work for ASDA??

Why is it too much? I’m not asking for postage to Australia. Just to a country they already post too

ClashCityRocker Fri 17-Nov-17 16:45:05

And did they charge you for the pillows?

Are advent calendars not a thing in Ireland then? Apologies if that's an ignorant comment.

Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 16:45:26

Fuzzy they are horrible cheap pillows...

Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 16:46:30

Clash - we don’t know and neither do ASDA but they are not prepared to just post the paid for and ordered items to a country they deliver to

JakeBallardswife Fri 17-Nov-17 16:48:07

I'm with you on this OP. All you wanted was to be able to have the items delivered to Ireland and you were happy to pay postage. Not difficult I'd have thought.

Advent pillows. FFS.

Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 16:48:07

Clash - it’s very hard to get the Lego and Playmobil calendars over here. No - I got charged £35 for £10 of pillows. Though the £35 is apparently being refunded, as yet no news on a refund on our priority postage

Smallpotatolove Fri 17-Nov-17 16:49:16

Surely it's not their fault that you didn't check what was in the parcel until you got back to Ireland?

Thiswayorthatway Fri 17-Nov-17 16:52:09

Surely pillows are way bigger than advent calendars!!!!

toomuchtooold Fri 17-Nov-17 16:53:25

Do you need a UK postcode for the click and collect? Can you not choose to add the address manually? I don't know how I fudge it but I don't have a UK address and I'm just after doing an Asda c&c. Mind you it still wasn't straightforward - I got the email saying "your order is now available" on Wednesday and went into the store today and the first two swore blind it wasn't there, till they got the guy who can use the scanner, and he found it. I've always found Asda click and collect a bit shambolic - shame, as they have nice children's clothes, and they don't ship to Germany where I live.

PineappleScrunchie Fri 17-Nov-17 16:53:48

Amazon will deliver to them to Ireland.

I don’t think Asda have an obligation to post anywhere other than the original address - what if you’d taken them home to Australia etc - though it would obviously be nice if they did as a goodwill gesture.

Floralnomad Fri 17-Nov-17 16:56:34

I feel sorry for the poor sod who got his order home expecting pillows and got advent calendars . Why can’t you get the MIL to just post you the advent calendars , get the refund from Asda and if they want their pillows returned , which I doubt , then ask them to send a pre paid label .

Gemini69 Fri 17-Nov-17 16:57:42

how utterly bizarre.... even GIANT bars of Chocolate would have been a better alternative.... more so cause I'll eat anything hmm

Rebeccaslicker Fri 17-Nov-17 16:58:17

Didn't your DP notice that the parcel wasn't shaped like 2 advent calendars? Sorry I know that's not helpful now but surely the box was different?

I think try and find another retailer and pick your battle with Asda re a refund if you can.

Argos did it to me once - my niece's birthday "monster high" trainers turned up as a feckin' clothes horse - you can imagine how thrilled a 6 year old was at getting a clothes horse!!

Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 16:59:51

Sorry MIL is in her 80s, quite frail. It’s one thing having a parcel delivered and popped in to her porch. Quite the other to expect her to lug parcel to post office and redirect to us.

Zaphodsotherhead Fri 17-Nov-17 17:00:37

I gave up online shopping when I ordered three packs of 24 cans of dog food....and they delivered me three individual tins of dog food. Didn't even feed the buggers for one meal.

Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 17:01:44

DH picked up parcel on way to boat. It was in with a number of other parcels and was just a large light box. Could easily have had well packaged advent calendars inside. It would have made no difference if he did realise then, ASDA still would not send on correct order.

Izzadoraduncancan Fri 17-Nov-17 17:03:04

Person who got advent calendars did quite well... £35 of toys for a £10.... assuming they have kids or know they could pass them on to

MsWanaBanana Fri 17-Nov-17 17:06:22

Can I just clarify, did you use your MIL address to make the order? If so, they have no obligation to send your items to Ireland. They only have to send to the original address that was used, your MIL's, or refund your card

Sallychamp Fri 17-Nov-17 17:07:12

Do you want to get it sent here and I can send it on?

monkeywithacowface Fri 17-Nov-17 17:08:17

Did your DH not notice it was pillows when he collected it from your MIL?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: