Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I being stupid?

(18 Posts)
FrenchFryandFrazzle Tue 14-Nov-17 22:53:37

Guy keeps commenting on my fb activity and I’m wondering whether it means anything at all?! I know this sounds very childish, he lives far away and I am very good friends with his sibling - I know him a bit but not that well. He is also younger (early 20s to my mid 20s).

I have a slight crush and wondering whether I am projecting? Eg if I put attending on gigs, he’ll comment; he writes jokey comments underneath comments I leave for his sibling; he’ll put emojis underneath some of my inane Facebook activity... He does this on his friends’ activity too but I’m not really his friend! It’s a recent thing and hes been doing it a lot the past few weeks. Gah I’m reading too much into it aren’t I

outofmydepth45 Tue 14-Nov-17 23:01:13

Message him see where it goes

JaneyGotAGun Tue 14-Nov-17 23:09:51

It does sound like he fancies you

FrenchFryandFrazzle Tue 14-Nov-17 23:50:54

Ah i can’t message - far too shy and too much at stake if it gets weird - my friendship with his sibling! Ha. I wonder if he is just being friendly but can’t work it out! He doesn’t seem to like pics, just comment?!

AtrociousCircumstance Tue 14-Nov-17 23:53:12

It won't get weird if you just say hi. He's being friendly, there's no shame in reciprocating a bit.

WorraLiberty Wed 15-Nov-17 00:00:27

I wouldn't message just yet.

Maybe reply to his comments and get a bit of 'banter' going first?

FrenchFryandFrazzle Wed 15-Nov-17 00:07:13

That’s a good idea - I’ve just been liking them, tbh he hasn’t given me much to go on. Eg I clicked attending on a certain concert and he commented with a “shock” emoji saying it was “big news if true” (that the artist was touring) - that’s not exactly flirty is it grin

esk1mo Wed 15-Nov-17 00:10:21

to be honest most men will let you know outright if they are interested! he might be building up to sending you a message..or as you said he does it to everyone, so maybe its just his personality

FrenchFryandFrazzle Wed 15-Nov-17 00:16:33

Yeah this is what I’m wondering! When we last saw each other i idly wondered if he saw me in that way (he was being quite flirty) but since then it’s just been random Facebook things - the frequency of it has made me wonder if he means anything by it or if it is just banter - tbh I’m thinking the latter

angelawilliams Wed 15-Nov-17 00:23:23

Sounds like someone has a little crush! I'd definitely message him, he might be interested but if he's not then you haven't really lost anything because you're not that friendly anyway. I had my husband on facebook for years before any messaging happened, we would like each other's photos and status'. We spoke a few times but it was just friendly chit-chat. Then one day I messaged him, genuinely asking if he was ok. We haven't stopped talking since. It's definitely the best decision I ever made, and I was terrified to make it.

FrenchFryandFrazzle Wed 15-Nov-17 00:24:19

Lol Ángela do you mean me or him?! grin

RedBullBlood Wed 15-Nov-17 00:48:57

Are you the same poster asking for a witty reply to an earlier comment? Why don't you just try and have a normal conversation with him?

FrenchFryandFrazzle Wed 15-Nov-17 08:25:40

No that’s not me! Yes have absolutely spoken in real life but just trying to work out what’s going on now

FriendlyMartas Wed 15-Nov-17 18:07:29

I think he does OP...

schoolBooster Wed 15-Nov-17 18:11:21

I guess we can't guess.

What do you think about Zoella's new calendar. It's amazeballs!

KimmySchmidt1 Wed 15-Nov-17 18:25:03

who knows? if you want to make something of it, he has certainly given you a prompt. beyond that its up to him how he responds.

when was the last time you looked a cake on sale in a shop window and wondered "does that cake want me to buy it?"

FrenchFryandFrazzle Sat 18-Nov-17 19:52:33

Update: he literally did it again right after I posted this thread - commenting on something I had “liked” on Facebook. His friend who I barely know also did the same, both using a catchphrase of mine in a jokey way (not mocking!!) - seemed friendly. Argh! He doesn’t seem to really like my pictures or anything though so I’m wondering whether to take any heed at all... confused

AhhhhHotelBlisss Sat 18-Nov-17 21:07:31

Boys don’t message girls they don’t like OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now