Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to ask for your best "Beauty and the Beast" themed party food?

(27 Posts)
DrSeuss Tue 14-Nov-17 20:24:33

Posting here for traffic.
So far I have strawberry roses that I found on Pinterest, hummus for grey stuff and chips, of course.
All other ideas welcome. Thanks. Harry Potter and Pizza Petigrew was so much easier!

QuopQuop Tue 14-Nov-17 20:26:59

He eats spaghetti in the film can you do something with that?

Maybe plain, in little pots with a fork poked in?

longestlurkerever Tue 14-Nov-17 20:28:02

Baby "Belle"s?

longestlurkerever Tue 14-Nov-17 20:29:10

You can probably get rice paper cupcake toppers with your theme - try eBay

SaucyJack Tue 14-Nov-17 20:30:25

Are you arty? You could draw Mrs Potts and Chip's faces onto a tea set?

LivingDeadGirlUK Tue 14-Nov-17 20:31:24

Can you serve jelly or something in teacups?

cheapskatemum Tue 14-Nov-17 20:33:22

I always thought the grey stuff must be babaganouche!

BluthsFrozenBananas Tue 14-Nov-17 20:35:34

I know you already have grey stuff, but the official Disney grey stuff is Oreo mousse, they also have a drink called le feu’s brew.

Cakescakescakes Tue 14-Nov-17 20:35:39

Mini cupcakes with rose swirled icing?

thelastredwinegum Tue 14-Nov-17 20:37:26

Soup du jour
Hot hors d'oeuvres

Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding en flambé

DrSeuss Tue 14-Nov-17 20:37:57

Great ideas, thanks! Please keep them coming! I can't draw at all but love the suggestions, especially the Baby Belles!

longestlurkerever Tue 14-Nov-17 20:37:58

The grey stuff is served on a tray with loads of other things like a stuffed olive and a croissant wrapped in cheese, all served with cocktail sticks in curly paper

jaseyraex Tue 14-Nov-17 20:39:08

The grey stuff at Disney world is a cookies and cream mousse. It's very good! Maybe try a recipe for that. Some BATB themed drinks? I saw some Mrs Potts cake pops on Pinterest before, they looked good.

lightcola Tue 14-Nov-17 20:39:32

Something topped on top of sliced French stick.

DrSeuss Tue 14-Nov-17 20:39:43

It's for a kids' party so not sure about beef, souffle or flaming puds! I presume you need alcohol to flame anything.

Bucketsandspoons Tue 14-Nov-17 20:40:02

Profiteroles!

love the jelly in tea cups idea, I'm totally stealing that one. grin

Canyousewcushions Tue 14-Nov-17 20:40:54

We used a teapot cookie cutter to make teapot-shaped sanwiches, although it was pretty wasteful.

Plastic martini glasses with banana angel delight, whipped cream on top and cocktail sticks with fancy spakly stuff on the top ends.

Little belle cake toppers so yellow swirl of buttercream on a cupcake became her skirt and her head and body (the cake topper) was sticking out.

thelastredwinegum Tue 14-Nov-17 20:42:19

Suess

Buuuuuuut it's the song 🎶🎶🎶🎶

BrieAndChilli Tue 14-Nov-17 20:42:28

Sandwiches cut out with a teapot cutter

Sandwiches wrapped in paper to look like books?

Couple of marshmallows on a skewer with something yellow on top to look like candles?

MerlinsScarf Tue 14-Nov-17 20:43:30

Coke/ginger beer floats would make brilliant imitation beer tankards.

There's a recipe for faux souffle somewhere that's called Spouffle, I think it's by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and uses pasta to prop it up a bit. Have a Google. You could make mini ones in a muffin pan as the cheese soufflé?

DrSeuss Tue 14-Nov-17 20:45:26

I have a large rose shaped jelly mould so plan to do strawberry jelly in that. The cup cakes sound good. Saw some on Pinterest which had roses then an inverted plastic shot glass for the dome.
Puns could be good, in the manner of the aforementioned Pizza Pettier for Harry Potter. Maurice's Morsels? Potts Pizza?

DrSeuss Tue 14-Nov-17 20:48:21

Believe me, I know the song, I've heard it a time or three million! But I think serving booze soaked pud to a group of six year olds will not end well!

thelastredwinegum Tue 14-Nov-17 20:51:20

Ah but when you flambé the alcohol evaporates (doesn't it?) you could serve it last just before the little darlings are collected grin

Or you could draw/print some flames and stick around the pudding bowl.

DrSeuss Tue 14-Nov-17 20:53:38

"Here's your kid. Yeah, they smell a bit of brand, can't think why. Oops, they puked in the bushes! Must have been something they ate."
Where else will we get the next generation of Mumsnetters from? smile

DrSeuss Tue 14-Nov-17 20:54:07

Brandy, even!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now