Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ANOTHER PARKING THREAD!!

(20 Posts)
crazybutterflylady Tue 14-Nov-17 20:04:18

I know this has been done and done but OMG I am going ballistic on a daily basis.

Have attached a diagram, obvs. But my neighbour is massively pissing me off with this parking situation. I know it’s perfectly legal for them to park this way (other than their idiot guests/Mrs Neighbour when they park on the public path - space A ). But it Gets. My. Goat.

Basically we each have a drive that fits 2 cars. For some reason unbeknownst to those of us with a brain, they don’t park in their drive unless someone else has parked in Mrs N’s “space”. And even then, they park as shown on the diagram. With their backend protruding put into the pavement which means anyone walking has to go out into the road to get round her car. I think she is just lazy and cba to walk from her drive to her front door.

Their guests either park as shown at A and B. B means we cannot get out of our drive or, if they’ve been less of a dickhead, we can but involving going beyond the dropped kerb which is wrecking my tyres. Even parking at space A means we have to do a 97 point turn because of the road width and the placement of Mrs N’s car.

Mr N’s car is annoying purely because that’s my view now: his car. Not the lovely view which I should have and which was a massive selling point of the house to us.

All in all I am pissed off!!!

AIBU to say something to her?? And what should I say?

She is not speaking to me at the moment because on Saturday, after a tosser parked across our half of the dropped kerb (B), I moved my car to block off our drive and half of their drive and left it there for the rest of the day. Since then she has been avoiding me and dashing into her house when she sees me. On Sunday, they moved their cars to pretty much block me in. I am so fed up!

crazybutterflylady Tue 14-Nov-17 20:05:21

Diagram!

yowerohotesies Tue 14-Nov-17 20:07:53

I see no diagram!

yowerohotesies Tue 14-Nov-17 20:08:38

Oh I do now

crazybutterflylady Tue 14-Nov-17 20:09:11

I couldn’t on the mobile site but I can on the app...weird. Will try again.

crazybutterflylady Tue 14-Nov-17 20:10:42

Also, (non)space B isn’t drawn properly in my haste! It goes about 1/3 across our drive most of the time and others about 1/2.

LivingInMidnight Tue 14-Nov-17 20:12:37

Would it be petty to just park in those his and her spots for a while?

BriechonCheese Tue 14-Nov-17 20:14:05

Go and say something.
How irritating to wheelchair users too.

notapizzaeater Tue 14-Nov-17 20:14:11

I’d park in “their” spots for a while too.

annielouise Tue 14-Nov-17 20:15:27

Start parking in front of your lawn and your drive for a bit.

crazybutterflylady Tue 14-Nov-17 20:16:37

We do have a guy that walks locally with his guide dog and it must be so frustrating for him. Also lots of kids/babies in the street.
I once challenged a guest parking in A and she huffed and said she was only popping in, I said it doesn’t really matter can you just move forward please? And she screamed and me, got in her car and drove off!!!
Mrs N came out and I explained what had happened and she said “ohhh I’m not getting involved” hmm

Ttbb Tue 14-Nov-17 20:19:01

Just report it to the traffic warden. In most places you are not allowed to park over the pavement.

Ikanon Tue 14-Nov-17 20:25:01

If I was you I'd park in his spot. If you are going to have a blocked view it may as well be of your own car.

crazybutterflylady Tue 14-Nov-17 20:25:01

We don’t have any markings or anything on our road. It’s a cul de sac, I’ve never seen a traffic warden etc.

I could definitely park in their spot although DH and I work (him long hours so car only here overnight really) and Mrs N doesn’t work.

crazybutterflylady Tue 14-Nov-17 20:31:58

I can’t really comment about their parking as they’re not strictly in the wrong. But i was thinking I might say “do you think you could ask your visitors to park a bit more considerately, recently it seems there is someone parked across our drive quite often and I’m starting to feel really annoyed about it.”
Does that sound ok?

ProfessorCat Tue 14-Nov-17 20:37:57

If they repeatedly parked across my drive I'd pop a letter in saying that you're about to seek legal advice because they're stopping you accessing your property.

Do you know anyone with a SORN car they can leave in front of your house for a bit?

I'd also report them to the council for leaving the car sticking out across the pavement. I'm in a wheelchair and wouldn't be able to get past it.

MimiSunshine Tue 14-Nov-17 20:56:16

Next time they parks half off their drive and hanging over the pavement I’d knock on and say in a concerned voice that the handbrake appears to have failed as their car has rolled back.

And I’d be parking outside my house for a bit too but it probably wouldn’t stop them. Have a look for some oil patches where they usually park, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something they don’t want staining the ground coming from their cars

ThePhoenixBird Tue 14-Nov-17 21:02:36

We have a similar issue with our neighbours. We have the bigger drive that can fit four cars two either side and two behind, they have a drive that can fit two cars but only one behind another. We have one car, they have two. They seem to have taken offence to the fact we have one car but the bigger drive hmm

They went through a phase of parking one car on their drive and one directly outside their door, pretty much on the path. These houses have very small front “gardens” so they basically parked on the path and could roll out to their front door. Pissed me off no end as our front doors are fairly close to each other, so essentially parked half across our door as well!

They also encouraged their friends to park directly outside their house and our house and also partly across our driveway. They basically left their cars completely blocking the path so long as it was as close as possible to their front door!

I made a few loud passive aggressive comments within earshot of them or their guests and it stopped happening eventually.

AuntieBeast Tue 14-Nov-17 21:07:01

That sounds fine to me, except maybe a bit stronger e.g. "Please ask your guests to park in your driveway and not across the end of ours; they've been blocking us in."

If she responds with contrition, you might ask her why her DH doesn't park in their drive ... "He has a nice car, but we bought the house for the view!"

If she's huffy, maybe save that for later. grin

In my experience, people will just keep taking if they think you're going to put up with it, even if they know you're seething. Whereas if you put your foot down, they'll often stop ... but of course they're going to badmouth you to the other neighbors and their friends. flowers

crazybutterflylady Tue 14-Nov-17 21:17:48

phoenix that is crazy. People are weird!!

I find it pretty telling that their friends think it is ok to park like that. I can’t imagine any visitors here would dream of it.

Yeah Auntie I think you’re right; it needs addressing and I have to be forthright.** I am quite outspoken and have been accused of being aggressive when I confront people so I think I need to be careful not to go all out at the first discussion as I would prefer to avoid bad feeling. Having said that, their neighbours on the other side don’t speak to them and she had also fallen out with the people we bought this house from so there appears to be a recurring theme...!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now