Talk

Advanced search

Help me get the job

(8 Posts)
girraffe Tue 14-Nov-17 17:06:01

I have an interview tomorrow for a support worker job. Full time.

It says childcare vouchers after 3 month probation.

DD is at school (year 1)

What happens in the holidays?

I know other parents do this... just trying to work it out and also any interview tips would be appreciated

Thank you!

Nicknacky Tue 14-Nov-17 17:09:26

What do you mean, what happens in the holidays?

People take annual leave, partners take them. I use my childminder more as I'm not off during the holidays generally. Occasionally have to use my mil.

DaisyDukesShorts Tue 14-Nov-17 17:11:01

Out of school clubs, but might be expensive.

Moanyoldcow Tue 14-Nov-17 17:12:05

I use a childminder for wrap around care during term-time and she looks after them the 3 days I work in the holidays. I coordinate my annual leave with hers. It works very well but of course is fairly expensive but worth it.

I can't offer any insight into the type of role you are applying for but my general interview tips are speak confidently and don't rush, if you aren't sure ask them for a minute to think about your answer, prepare by doing research about the organisation and dress in an outfit that makes you feel professional and confident.

Good luck!

Nicknacky Tue 14-Nov-17 17:12:20

Oh yes, forgot about holiday clubs, I had to use them one year.

PurpleDaisies Tue 14-Nov-17 17:12:36

What’s your support system like? Do you have grandparents, friends etc around to help in the holidays? I’d be very wary of assuming annual leave will cover your childcare needs. Lots of people want school holidays off.

What sort of support work is it? Really good luck!

SoonToBeDad20s Tue 14-Nov-17 17:20:37

Don't shake hands unless they offer. Know your evidence back to front but also think of other evidence. When they ask if you have any questions take your time and say I did but they been answered during our conversation but would like to take the time just to say I think I would be a good fit here and thank you for your time.

girraffe Tue 14-Nov-17 18:58:35

Awesome thanks!

No real support with childcare so a bit eek as to if it's possible but will see if I get the job before panicking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now