Talk

Advanced search

Or is this really inappropriate?

(31 Posts)
dreamingaboutcheese Tue 14-Nov-17 15:22:55

Saw this on my local memorial and it really annoyed me. Regardless of political stance, it's just not the time or place to be trying to score political points. AIBU/naive?

TheQueenOfWands Tue 14-Nov-17 15:25:26

UKIP shit is inappropriate everywhere.

Ttbb Tue 14-Nov-17 15:26:49

Don't all pay litical larties lay wreaths?

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Tue 14-Nov-17 15:31:03

They do, @Ttbb - what makes this one inappropriate, imo, is the visible political branding on it. I assume that the other political parties do not feel the need to advertise on their wreaths (and would condemn them equally, if they did).

dreamingaboutcheese Tue 14-Nov-17 15:33:12

Exactly SDTG. I'm happy for them to lay a wreath. It's the snarky message I object to Ttbb

LurkingHusband Tue 14-Nov-17 15:52:58

The have to find a way to pay Farages legal bill somehow ?

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 14-Nov-17 15:57:27

I think the UKIP branding is pretty naff, but what does the message on attached card say (I can't read it)

WhatwouldAryado Tue 14-Nov-17 15:58:18

That's really crass.

MissionItsPossible Tue 14-Nov-17 15:59:56

I ran a search and found pictures of a Conservative and Lib Dems, however, they both look photoshopped to me and one was on a pro-UKIP site. Completely tacky to score political points. An article (from the Guardian I think or the Independent) was blasted on both sides recently saying if you voted for Brexit you had no right to wear a poppy.

chewiecat Tue 14-Nov-17 16:01:02

It reads
The party still fighting to save the country

Yanbu op
This is so inappropriate

RainbowFrog Tue 14-Nov-17 16:03:54

It says "somethingorother branch of UKIP. The party still fighting to save our COUNTRY. You are never forgotten" (their capitals on 'country' and I couldn't decipher the branch name). Completely inappropriate IMO - the message and the branding

shhhfastasleep Tue 14-Nov-17 16:04:22

UKIP , as ever, can fuck off. They don’t get to wave their shit in front of your nose when you are honouring those who fell in war.

LurkingHusband Tue 14-Nov-17 16:05:56

Is it worth notifying the Royal Legion (goes off to see if I can do it ...)

dreamingaboutcheese Tue 14-Nov-17 16:13:00

Glad is not just me. You're right Lurking, I might give the RBL a call about it. I just want to go over and tippex out the middle bit of the message to make a point... but that would be vandalism, right?

TheSnowFairy Tue 14-Nov-17 16:14:13

So completely inappropriate.

Tossers.

(We used to live in Spelthorne.)

LurkingHusband Tue 14-Nov-17 16:16:05

Is that Spelthorne near Feltham (racks brain ...) ?

dreamingaboutcheese Tue 14-Nov-17 16:20:23

Yup, not far Lurking

TheSnowFairy Tue 14-Nov-17 16:23:34

lurking or Staines-upon-Thames as it is now not just Staines, oh no

FizzyGreenWater Tue 14-Nov-17 16:26:11

They just can't help showing themselves for the shitscrapes they are every single time they do something. It's almost funny.

LurkingHusband Tue 14-Nov-17 16:29:18

probably showing my age here, but it used to be called "The Dirty Division" in the Met Police .... I made the mistake of asking once, and was told well, Feltham, Hampton and Staines (Very droll, minister)

PoppyPopcorn Tue 14-Nov-17 16:35:25

That's awful. Our MP laid a wreath at the local memorial on Sunday with a totally neutral message and no political branding at all.

StevieNicksRhiannon Tue 14-Nov-17 16:52:15

Could someone please tell me what the wording on the attached note says? My monitor refuses to enlarge it.

Though if it's UKIP, I expect it's something provocative. angry

StevieNicksRhiannon Tue 14-Nov-17 16:55:14

^ Oh, sorry, I see that was already answered upthread!
Forgot to refresh.

Jeez, every time you think they can't sink any lower...

lils888 Tue 14-Nov-17 17:09:16

That’s their old logo so I’m guessing it’s either photoshopped or an old photo

UKIP are trash either way.

lils888 Tue 14-Nov-17 17:10:29

Oh you actually saw it, missed that. It’s still their old logo so I’m guessing it’s not from them, just a dim kipper

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: