Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is the most audacious lie your young kids have pulled off?

(54 Posts)
brasty Tue 14-Nov-17 12:16:49

My nephew went to a primary school who made a big fuss on birthdays. Nephew when he was 6 got to early afternoon being made a fuss off, before a teacher realised it wasn't actually his birthday.

toooldforthisshirt37 Tue 14-Nov-17 14:26:41

My nephew was a notorious rascal and his DM spent a lot of time at the school hearing about it. He was only 7 though. One Friday he comes home with the "Best Boy in Year 3" badge and is feted by the family all weekend for finally being such a "good" boy. His DM thought he had turned a corner.

Monday comes and he confesses to having found the badge in the playground. But his confession only came after he was caught hiding the badge on the way to school as he knew the teacher would take it off him again!

GallopingMom Tue 14-Nov-17 15:22:07

When DD was 4 she convinced the nursery staff that she had a younger sibling. She is an only child. She also had my MIL (who is quite gullible) believing that DD took sign language lessons.

brasty Tue 14-Nov-17 15:41:33

Love them both grin

princesspuds Tue 14-Nov-17 15:47:05

My dd is disabled and in a wheelchair, when she was 5 she had to have an operation on her leg and was put in plaster, she decided to tell staff in her school that she had wheeled herself down a hill, fell oout of her wheelchair and broke her leg !

rslsys Tue 14-Nov-17 15:52:58

DD2 & DNephew were born within a few weeks of each other.
When they went to Primary School they managed to convince their teachers that they were twins. Was a whole term before we found out!

tccat Tue 14-Nov-17 16:01:55

Dd when little cut her entire fringe off to the scalp, denied doing it and said she was just holding the scissors when her brother burst into the room and sent them flying into the air, according to her they then fell down across her head talking the fringe out on the way down 😂

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:46:50

My three year old dd "mummy the phone just rang. It was a lady and she said we should go out and buy me a present from the shop"

abitembarrased Tue 14-Nov-17 21:51:25

When he was 7 my DS convinced his teacher that he had a pet tarantula called Mr Tickle.

NC4now Tue 14-Nov-17 21:54:27

When he was 3 my DS swore blind a burglar had broken into our house, walked straight past the laptop, TV and my purse, and into the fridge to eat the Babybels.

sparepantsandtoothbrush Tue 14-Nov-17 21:58:55

DD (5 at the time) spent a lunch time crying at school because her pet rabbit had died. She got to play in reception class for the afternoon with her favourite cousin to try and make her feel bettet. We didn't have a rabbit, she just didn't want to do PE!

Yangtastic Tue 14-Nov-17 22:00:36

When my brother was in infants, his teacher went on maternity leave. He was a big fan of Michael Jackson and managed to convince the mat cover teacher that although his name in the register was (namechange) John Smith, he was actually known as Michael. We only found out when he brought all his books home at the end of the school year and all of the ones from the latter part of the year had Michael Smith written on the front in the teachers special italic marker pen!

centreyoursoul Tue 14-Nov-17 22:04:55

Loving these ... mmm my despite lots if detective work we still can’t figure out which twin cut twin 2’s hair.
Love the one about the flying scissors. And Michael Smith-Jackson 😁

angelnix Tue 14-Nov-17 22:13:02

My daughter had her transition from Foundation to Year One afternoon. Her friend spent the whole time talking with an American accent and they convinced the teacher she had recently moved from America!

Going back a while, but as a student, my friend and I were studying at hers. Her mum was a childminder. Apparently a burglar broke in and smashed the decorations on the tree and then left again!

Sashkin Tue 14-Nov-17 22:15:30

My SIL told her parents that the school minibus had broken down on the way back from their swimming lesson, and that the teacher had made them push it off the A3 while she steered it onto the hard shoulder. Apparently it took most of the class of thirty 11yr olds to push the minibus “and it was quite scary because there were lots of other cars” but there was no other option because nobody except the teacher was tall enough to reach the minibus pedals so she had to be in the driver’s seat.

DMIL was a bit dubious, but SIL was so matter of fact, and included so many little details, that DMIL went in to talk to the teacher.

Complete bollocks. They’d had swimming lessons that day, but everything else was a total fib. grin

oncewasawarrior Tue 14-Nov-17 22:21:21

DS (7) told his grandparents and the whole class (and teachers) that he’d been stung by a jelly fish on holiday and his Dad had had to wee on him to “neutralise the sting”. He was apparently VERY convincing. Class in hysterics. Grandparents perturbed. Total lie.

FinallyDecidedOnUserName Tue 14-Nov-17 22:23:45

DD1 shook Prince Charles hand.

She didn't.

She did have a conversation with him though.

Sashkin Tue 14-Nov-17 22:26:40

One kid in my DH’s school insisted that he was actually Italian and had changed his name by deed poll from Dean Englishsurname to Gino Ginelli. Like the ice cream. The adverts were on TV all the time at that time, so everyone knew he’d made it up. He only answered to Gino Ginelli for all of middle school, apparently.

Although the laugh’s on us, because DH heard later that he’d actually ended up studying Italian and moving over there permanently after uni. Not as Gino Ginelli though, presumably.

almondfinger Tue 14-Nov-17 22:35:04

When dd1 was about 2.5/3 she said a boy hit her with a stick on the arm in the playground. It was busy and I was elsewhere with dd2, so didn't see what occured.

Anyway, all night she complained about a sore arm, cried when putting on her pajamas, cried in bed as she couldn't sleep on it. DH and I discussed and I said I'd take her for an x-ray in the morning if she was still complaining.

Come morning, she was still guarding it and saying it hurt. So I make her a little sling to immobilise it and off we go to Paeds A&E, tell the docs what happened. She winces etc when they touch it. Was very brave for her x-ray. No break, no damage, no swelling.

We leave hospital and I say 'as you were so brave we can go to Giraffe for lunch. Well...she leapt out of the buggy and tore off down the South Bank and there was not one more mention about the pain in her arm thereafter!

Little scamp! As you can imagine, I need to see bone now to give any sympathy!

Eminybob Tue 14-Nov-17 22:37:26

DS is only 3 so I think it could get worse, but his biggest lies so far are saying he needs to go to the toilet even when he doesn’t to get out of doing things, ie eating his tea or going to the shops. We have cottoned on to him now though.

When I was little, I think I was in junior 1, whatever that is in new money, I was late into school because I had a dentist appointment. But I told my teacher that I’d had my tonsils out confused. No idea why, don’t think I even knew what tonsils were hmm

madmother1 Tue 14-Nov-17 22:40:17

My DD once told her friends Mum that she was allergic to black cats! Cue Mother ringing me to check.
Another time, she pretended to choke and said she had a bit allergy. Cue the same mother ringing me to check!!!

SeamstressfromTreacleMineRoad Tue 14-Nov-17 22:41:48

When my DS was 5, he was staying with my DM for a couple of days (big treat..!) One morning, she discovered that his bed was wet; he assured her that it wasn't him, but that a man had run into the bedroom and thrown a bucket of water over him grin
He still hasn't lived it down - mind you, he's only 43, so there's still time... wink

madmother1 Tue 14-Nov-17 22:43:27

Nut not bit allergy.

MayhemandMadness01 Tue 14-Nov-17 22:46:43

DS in reception told his teacher that I was an Ofsted Inspector shock

I got lots of info on his progress and thought some of the probing questions I was asked by the teachers were a bit odd but never gave it another thought. I do work for an outside agency in schools, in a quality type role so my answers only went to back this up without his teachers asking outright.

Best part was that when DD started 2 yrs later, she said the same thing! grin

MycatsaPirate Tue 14-Nov-17 22:49:15

Dp opened the fridge tonight and pulled out the bar of Galaxy and asked who has a) opened it and b) eaten two thirds of it? (It's a fucking huge bar too).

I haven't and dp hasn't. That leaves DD2. She denied all knowledge. She's 12 and really can't lie very well. We both stood there with raised eyebrows and eventually she said 'well I might have done but Felix opened it'. Felix is a cat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now