Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be fascinated with the Arthur Collins case?

(122 Posts)
Leilaniii Tue 14-Nov-17 05:35:58

Ever since the story broke I have been transfixed. I don't know why. I don't know these people (I live overseas) but something about this case fascinated me.

Anyone else?

Shadow666 Tue 14-Nov-17 06:02:37

Me too! It’s such a horrific thing to do. It sounds like he was no angel before the attack.

Leilaniii Tue 14-Nov-17 06:06:19

Sure, he was no angel, but it just seems like such an odd thing to do. Life was going well for him, he had a gorgeous girlfriend and a baby on the way...

It's just so bizarre. The attack was not even targeted, he just threw the acid randomly. When he said that it was a date rape drug which he had seized from someone, that kind of made sense. I thought he would be acquitted, but he was obviously lying.

AJPTaylor Tue 14-Nov-17 06:06:37

?
The man is a thug who as part of a gang war threw acid in a club agonsingly injuring a dozen people
Then he ran away.

Leilaniii Tue 14-Nov-17 06:15:59

But why? Did the club belong to a rival gang?

StealthPolarBear Tue 14-Nov-17 06:16:05

Why did he do it though?

MrMeeseekscando Tue 14-Nov-17 06:18:26

He probably thought he was a hard man.
Hopefully prison will make him realise he's just a little fish.
A scumbag that hopefully has a hard time.

BlackHillsofDakota Tue 14-Nov-17 06:19:25

There is an article in the paper today saying he started carrying acid after falling out with the Adams Family who are a notorious family in crime circles and that he had got in a fight moments before and was aiming at the man he had been fighting with when he threw it.
I think more info will come out now the trial is over.

StealthPolarBear Tue 14-Nov-17 06:21:34

Ah OK that makes sense

Leilaniii Tue 14-Nov-17 06:21:58

Ah, so it wasn't random then. He was actually aiming at someone.

StripySocksAndDocs Tue 14-Nov-17 06:23:45

You must know why. Where you aware of him (them?) before - think he's attractive. So have build a fantasy in your head about who he is and that he's not really a vicious thug? So this is a strange thing for him to do and there must be an innocent cause?

Changes are he's commit random acts of violence before, has no conscientious feeling about anyone outside his group and has a huge sense of entitlement.

BlackHillsofDakota Tue 14-Nov-17 06:24:02

Apparently so, it also says he was dealing drugs and when he was arrested there was a cannabis farm and various weapons at his house. Sounds like a real charmer.

StripySocksAndDocs Tue 14-Nov-17 06:24:49

^ I mean why you're so fascinated by the case

StealthPolarBear Tue 14-Nov-17 06:36:54

??? Stripey
I'd seen what I presumed was a random attack which wasn't terror carried out for no obvious reason. Knowing he was aiming at one person makes sense. Poor people caught up in it sad

Shadow666 Tue 14-Nov-17 06:37:58

The police said according to their intelligence he had been both on the giving end and receiving end of gang violence in the past.

It’s just so alien to me. The way these people live. I was never into anything like this when I was younger. I’ve never known anyone involved in things like this.

Dailystuck71 Tue 14-Nov-17 06:57:37

He text his mum apparently to say he had acid in his car.

Sunnyjac Tue 14-Nov-17 07:02:00

“Ah, so it wasn't random then. He was actually aiming at someone.” Phew. Cos targeting a specific person would have been fine hmm

AnyFucker Tue 14-Nov-17 07:06:22

Transfixed ? That's an odd reaction

Unless you are one of those types that are fascinated by Death Row prisoners and form "relationships" with them ?

StripySocksAndDocs Tue 14-Nov-17 07:10:32

You said you were transfixed - and for no reason in particular decided it had to be random. You said you didn't know why - I offered the most likely reason.

Leilaniii Tue 14-Nov-17 07:13:19

No, I am not like that at all! I don't like crime shows or anything like that. I just find this case so interesting. Why would somebody do something like that?

Leilaniii Tue 14-Nov-17 07:15:25

Where you aware of him (them?) before - think he's attractive. So have build a fantasy in your head about who he is and that he's not really a vicious thug? So this is a strange thing for him to do and there must be an innocent cause?

Woah stripy, that is a giant leap of imagination!!!

StripySocksAndDocs Tue 14-Nov-17 07:21:58

Oh that's weird it's I responded above like you'd already written you're reply below it.

Anyway you seemed puzzled as to why you were transfixed so was suggesting why you might be. To be fair it doesn't take too much of a stretch of the imagination - as AnyFucker noted women do this about men on Death Row

StripySocksAndDocs Tue 14-Nov-17 07:22:32

*your reply

Leilaniii Tue 14-Nov-17 07:23:10

No, not puzzled as to why I personally am fascinated with the case. Just more wondering if other people were, too. I assume they are as they have clicked on the thread.

NumberEightyOne Tue 14-Nov-17 07:26:10

These reality 'star' types often seem to be attracted to 'bad boys'. I think it's really pathetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now