Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit lost as to how to move forward

(12 Posts)
winterstail Mon 13-Nov-17 18:20:14

I'm really unhappy with DDs school. There aren't any other places in any schools she could feasibly get to and I work full time so can't educate her - I don't think she'd want that anyway.

Do I just need to accept her school is rubbish and put up with it? Feel so helpless sad

winterstail Mon 13-Nov-17 18:59:08

Anyone?

Dozer Mon 13-Nov-17 19:01:57

What year group?

Why not put name down for a move: a place could come up?

winterstail Mon 13-Nov-17 19:03:39

She's year 7.

peachgreen Mon 13-Nov-17 20:10:24

What makes it rubbish?

kaytee87 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:13:13

You need to give a bit of info about why you think it’s rubbish?

Standard of teaching - get a tutor
Lack of friends - activities such as guides / girls brigade / sports

camdentown17 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:16:18

Hi...can I ask if your daughter is happy"there?

winterstail Mon 13-Nov-17 20:42:58

She's extremely unhappy. She has got into trouble over very minor things and has been extremely distressed. There have also been a lot of problems with bullying.

kaytee87 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:44:09

What are the minor things?

Have the school said what they’re doing about the bullying?

MatildaTheCat Mon 13-Nov-17 20:47:38

Did you post yesterday about this? I think you absolutely have to try to work with the school and their pasterol system to get the best possible experience for your dd. Things have got off to a poor start but it’s very early still so there must be hope to turn things around?

I don’t blame you for feeling upset but take some time to set up some meetings and if possible get some advice on getting school onside. I feel for you, nothing worse than seeing your child miserable.

winterstail Mon 13-Nov-17 20:49:37

Yes, matilda and I spoke with them today. I'm not hopeful. They were offhand and defensive and I am very concerned.

peachgreen Mon 13-Nov-17 21:01:50

People are still replying on your other thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now