Talk

Advanced search

to not be able to understand adverts anymore

(8 Posts)
Morphene Mon 13-Nov-17 16:01:09

I think I got so disengaged from mainstream culture I can't even comprehend advertising anymore....

Stuck at London x-cross station and I think I've just seen a child / grandparent, due wearing pyjamas, ride a train up a teddy bear's vagina...wtf is going on?

This was followed by an advert for iphone highlighting that you can get a new phone every year as an option....I mean a new phone every year? Wtf are they making them out of? cardboard? Do iphones now dissolve in the rain?

Then some sort of shaver advert that had a freaky composite face thing going and an advert implying we should be grateful to a coffee company for turning their grounds into fuel logs...because presumably global warming is going to affect someone else's planet and children and not ours...

I'm just so confused....and would quite like to get off the world please.

Is it always like this, or is it because christmas is looming?

Oddish Mon 13-Nov-17 16:02:37

a child / grandparent, due wearing pyjamas, ride a train up a teddy bear's vagina.

Huh?

Morphene Mon 13-Nov-17 16:03:17

might have been for Asda...not sure though...it got cut off part way through for some reason.

user1471517900 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:24:56

Without you finding those adverts I doubt anyone can currently help. I'd say most adverts with the exception of perfume adverts tend to make sense though.

user1471517900 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:27:55

The phone one is explained by the fact that people like having the latest model/newest technology. They're not just getting the same phone.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Mon 13-Nov-17 17:05:39

What is a due, and why was it wearing pyjamas?

Morphene Mon 13-Nov-17 17:13:08

sorry that was a typo...a 'duo' not a 'due'

There was a spiral slide...a ball pool...and then a train zooming between a teddy bears legs...

Maybe it makes sense with the sound....

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Mon 13-Nov-17 22:20:20

Ah ok, that makes more sense! grin

Well, as much sense as the 3.15 express to Bear Vagina can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now