Talk

Advanced search

To think at age 4 she needs to stop the naughtiness!

(53 Posts)
2ManyShenanigans Mon 13-Nov-17 10:31:59

I’ve been waiting for dd to turn 4 since she started walking! It’s my special number age where they stop doing things that are considered naughty. My other 2 kids calmed down by this age!

She’s just turned 4 last week and over the weekend she’s

1: wee’d all over the bathroom floor and not told me. It was like a mini flood. But she did change her clothes and neatly hid the wet ones in her room in the corner.

2: cut a big chunk of hair out of her fringe. I have no idea where she got the scissors or what possessed her to do such a thing. Her hair looks terrible!!

3: poked holes and ruined her sister’s birthday cake and showed no remorse.

This is half serious and half light hearted, I know she’s still a baby but omg I can’t wait for her to go to school now!

Marnie182 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:56:51

This does not give me hope 😂
I've got a 2.5 year old and 1 year old. I was hoping age 3 was going to better.
A few years left yet then 😂

Kraggle Mon 13-Nov-17 10:59:22

My 4.7 year old who has been in school since September can still be a right little madam. I thought the tantrums eased off as they got older. Nope, they just get more loud and pissed off at you!

Steeley113 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:00:30

My 5 year old is naughtier then my 2 year old. Attitude, back chat, ignorance... give me a 3 year old any day!

Allthewaves Mon 13-Nov-17 11:00:58

She's the third. With mine was being the 3rd that made them a little more wild - acting to get attention, little more indulged than my other two (and spoilt by his siblings) and you just don't have enough eyes to keep track of them like i did 1 and 2

mustbemad17 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:01:11

Sorry to bubble your bubble...DD1 is 5 & just last week cut two chunks out of her hair 😑 She also loves poking her finger into food, cake especially...altho my 45 year old OH does this too, so I wouldn't hold much hope there either 😂😂

BernardBlacksHangover Mon 13-Nov-17 11:04:30

My niece and nephew were at their most challenging between turning 4 and starting school!

I heard from one friend that 3 is the magic number; she made all sorts of wild claims that I could take dd on long flights etc when she turned 3. All LIES!!! Dd is nearly 3 and is at least as boisterous and difficult to entertain on long journeys as ever. So many lies <mutters to self>.

OldWitch00 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:08:23

I really really really dislike 4 yr olds and can spot one at 100 paces. 5 is much better.

2ManyShenanigans Mon 13-Nov-17 11:08:26

😂 oh dear me! I don’t feel good with these comments! 😂😂 I don’t think I can bear another year of this with added back chat and attitude! My other 2 would never have done something like this.

allthewaves I totally get this! She is indulged and spoilt by us all! And I don’t have enough eyes either!

ownedbySWD Mon 13-Nov-17 11:08:48

Nope my 4yo DD was playing in the cat box the other week. envy Not envy.

She didn't play with the poo "too much", so not to worry, eh?

2ManyShenanigans Mon 13-Nov-17 11:09:25

Oldwitch, is that to eat?! (Just judging by your name 😆)

mustbemad17 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:10:21

I read these comments, think about the last 5 years with my daughter & ask myself wtf i'm having another 😂😂 why didn't I just stop whilst i was ahead, she's at school now!

Ilovelampandchair Mon 13-Nov-17 11:10:38

3 is hell on earth. Worse than 2. 4 is something to aspire to in my limited experience (only one 4 yr old but have another 3 and 2 yr old too and baby due). But at 4 they do seem to suddenly mature and 'get' things better which helps.

ZepellinBend Mon 13-Nov-17 11:12:22

Sounds normal to me, I've a 5yo dd. She's very headstrong and a cheeky wee so-and-so sometimes. Pretty much like myself as a child grin

Different personality completely to her more easygoing older sibling, although they are now reaching the stroppy pre-teen years.

mustbemad17 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:13:59

Am I to assume from these comments that it is just going to get worse for every child born?? And does it count if you have three but only have two at home 😂😂

Floellabumbags Mon 13-Nov-17 11:15:09

My youngest was a total nightmare at 4. He's still a bugger at seven. He locked me out of the house on Saturday and only let me back in because the dog started howling.

He's my easy child. The ten year old has started speaking with a German accent, which reminds me that I was going to call our family therapist this morning.

2ManyShenanigans Mon 13-Nov-17 11:16:02

See she was an ok baby and 2 year old. Her inner demon arose at 3. I was hoping it would disappear at 4 exactly...maybe I need to wait a few more months?! 🤔

mustbemad congrats!

mustbemad17 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:17:33

OP not sure congrats is the right word...sounds like i'm about to have another demon child on my hands 😱😱

Floella can he actually speak German 😂😂

2ManyShenanigans Mon 13-Nov-17 11:18:32

Floella 😂😂😂 I have tears in my eyes. German accent? Why?!

DenPerry Mon 13-Nov-17 11:19:03

My DS has been really good up until 3 (thought I’d lucked out!), now he’s about 50% satan grinI too am hoping 4 gets better before school starts...

zzzzz Mon 13-Nov-17 11:19:17

It’s my special number age where they stop doing things that are considered naughty.
That’s —weird— nice.

2ManyShenanigans Mon 13-Nov-17 11:19:49

mustbemad I’m really not the right person to console you about this! Maybe someone with a non-demon third child can come along and help?! 😆

mustbemad17 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:20:42

Okay folks, answer me this...who is easier, the DD or the DS? Might as well open my eyes to what the next 10 years is going to look like 🙄😂

mustbemad17 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:22:05

2Many the puzzle I have is technically my next baby is baby number 3 but baby number 2 was a surro & doesn't live at home. So am I getting completely psychopathic baby number 3 or semi psychopathic baby number 2 😂😂😂😂

OldWitch00 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:27:14

Mustbemad....b&g both have their own challenges. Not much difference at all in the first 10 years though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: