Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Parking! - Not an AIBU, but this is the right place

(13 Posts)
Dragonfree Mon 13-Nov-17 10:24:38

So embarrassingly I was on the Daily Mail website and found this story:

Patient dies after neighbour posted angry note on ambulance saying 'you may be saving lives, but don't block my drive' as paramedics tried to save him

(Daily Fail annoys me, patient death was unrelated note angry)

Needless to say, I thought of this area of the forum. grin

I've not copied the link, but essentially the ambulance was visiting a property due to an emergency (internal bleeding/vomiting blood) and parked across a driveway. They were only there for 30 minutes and when they came out they found this note.

Needless to say, I think maybe the author was BU.

Can't help but wonder if there was dog poo under the handles, bread on the roof and if the cheque had been cancelled....

I feel the need to clarify that I never read the Daily Fail so I'm incredibly embarrassed....

doodle01 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:33:53

Maybe they were on final warning at work and were about to be sacked for lateness leading to loss of mortgage homelessness and divorce.
Ambulance were right to park where they did. Poster may be entitled to view no rights and wrongs who knows.

doodle01 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:43:28

If patient died when they were there would have been more than 30 mins. If they didnt take to hospital and deceased was in situ - They would have had to call police if the patient died or was dead when they got there.
They are not a hearse.
Coroner needs to be informed they wont do that.
Death needs to be certified by Dr. Prob cant do that.
Greaving relative etc

Redhead17 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:49:38

One day they may need an ambulance. Saving life or giving treatment is better than driving round the block looking for perfect space. Maybe just knock and ask can they move it or be polite.

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-Nov-17 10:51:16

From what I have read the patient was alive and taken to hospital where they later died?

Rude notes like that are not acceptable. I am guessing they couldn't spell 'ambulance'.

Dragonfree Mon 13-Nov-17 10:53:04

That's a nice view on it doodle, giving them the benefit of the doubt. smile

Ollivander84 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:53:57

And then there's this one
https://www.facebook.com/ami.garner/posts/10156162352829411

Dragonfree Mon 13-Nov-17 11:00:36

Olivander shock I'm in shock!

I really hope the filmer gave the recording to the paramedics / police.

I can understand the driver's frustration but he should not have behaved like that!

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-Nov-17 11:02:50

What a knob.

chickenowner Mon 13-Nov-17 11:04:32

If patient died when they were there would have been more than 30 mins. If they didnt take to hospital and deceased was in situ - They would have had to call police if the patient died or was dead when they got there.

A member of my family died at home after an ambulance was called. A police officer was called and the ambulance was able to leave. The policeman waited in the house until the funeral directors arrived and removed the body.

I don't know how long the ambulance was parked outside, but they were able to leave as soon as the police arrived.

allegretto Mon 13-Nov-17 11:15:31

There's never an excuse to be rude but I can understand the frustration. The other day an ambulance was parked outside a neighbour's house for an hour and nobody could get out - despite the fact that if it had moved up a couple of metres, it wouldn't have blocked anyone.

doodle01 Mon 13-Nov-17 11:20:33

Yep but a deceased at home with ambulance prsent is not a massive priority depending on when it occurs and ambulance would have reported on the situation ie no knife in the back. Police could take an hour or more to arrive. Only real priority is to relieve the ambulance.

nokidshere Mon 13-Nov-17 11:27:53

We live in a cul de sac and during MILs last few months we had an ambulance a few times. Just because of where the house is it would have blocked at least two people in. The paramedics were with us a minimum of an hour each time but were clear that they would come and move it if it was necessary.

Rudeness such as the note is totally unnecessary and uncalled for whatever your own circumstances .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now