Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this meal OK for St Andrews?

(7 Posts)
notinlovenono Sun 12-Nov-17 22:37:26

Hoping to cook for 6/8 flatmates - mix of nationalities (European - yes I know that isn't a nationality -, Chinese and American) . One coeliac and lactose intolerant.

I was going to cook chicken breast wrapped in bacon and stuffed with either haggis or philadelphia. Will cover the haggis ones in a peppercorn sauce .. the philadelphia ones will just serve as they are, although not sure if that would be too dry?

Was thinking mashed neeps and carrots , roast potatoes and mashed potatoes for side dishes.

For dessert I'm planning pavlova with blackberries, honeycomb , winter spiced caramel sauce and cream .

I don't drink alcohol at all so going to be quite boring and offer irn bru, iced water or lemonade? Will suggest they bring booze if they want.

Does that seem OK? I've never cooked for anyone except family before - I know flatmates would be willing to help, one has already asked so that takes some pressure off.

Wilburissomepig Sun 12-Nov-17 22:38:58

I'm pretty sure haggis isn't gluten free, bit you'd have to check in case I'm talking shite!

NevilleBennett Sun 12-Nov-17 22:39:51

Haggis isn't usually gluten free, and philadelphia had lactose in

notinlovenono Sun 12-Nov-17 23:06:23

I didn't know that about haggis sad , I don't why I thought would be GF.

Philadelphia wise I think she would manage although will check - she eats cheese, cream etc without too many problems. Will see what she suggests - she's the one who offered to help :-)

Calvinlookingforhobbs Sun 12-Nov-17 23:11:49

Boil the chicken for 16 mins. It is much much nicer than if it is baked.

MulhuddartDrive Sun 12-Nov-17 23:19:37

You can get gluten free black pudding if that would do as a haggis alternative.

notinlovenono Sun 12-Nov-17 23:26:32

Ah black pudding might work yeah. I'm confused about the GF , I thought that requires separate utensils and cooking etc? She just uses same as the rest of us - wasnt sure if I should really offer to cook hers different time or something. She said it isnt a big deal at all to her.

Will definitely boil the chicken instead, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now