Talk

Advanced search

Wedding anniversary present AIBU

(11 Posts)
RangeTesKopeks Sun 12-Nov-17 20:58:31

Hi everyone.

My parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next month (right before Christmas), and I have absolutely no idea about what to get them blush

A couple of other family members and me were looking into organising a party with other family members for my parents, but they really don't like being the centre of attention at all, so it rules out a big party.

I'd like to maybe organise a really small family party for them or take them out for dinner with just really close family - other family members are on board with this too smile

But that just leaves what to buy them as a present? The 50th anniversary is gold, but I'm absolutely stumped on what to get them 🤔

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sun 12-Nov-17 21:02:28

Gold photo album with 50 lovely family photos in?

GreenTulips Sun 12-Nov-17 21:05:23

Can you organize a photographer for the get together so there some decent pics and have a few framed?

If others are struggling for ideas suggest they chip in

Hoolit Sun 12-Nov-17 21:15:54

My PIL had their big anniversary earlierbthisnyear and I got them a framed word picture, it was 50 made up of words and names that meant something to them. Where they met, kids and grand kids names, place they met, streets they'd lived in, holidays, pets etc. They loved it and it was very reasonable and personal.

2ndSopranos Sun 12-Nov-17 21:41:26

My neighbours' daughter had a photo book made for their 40th anniversary with photos from their entire relationship, from courting to marriage to holding a baby to the first grandchild. It's "coffee table" size and they were thrilled with it.

RangeTesKopeks Sun 12-Nov-17 21:42:30

Thanks so much Justbooked, Green and Hoolit smile Justbooked I love the idea of a gold photo album filled with 50 photos smile thanks!!

ImListening Sun 12-Nov-17 21:43:41

We bought them a day trip on the bellman train. Bit like orient express. So breakfast then afternoon tea & dinner.

HateHomework Sun 12-Nov-17 21:45:46

What's your AIBU???

RangeTesKopeks Sun 12-Nov-17 21:46:57

Thanks so much as well 2nd - would love an amazing idea! smile

RangeTesKopeks Sun 12-Nov-17 21:48:08

Sorry blush meant to say: would love that, sounds like an amazing idea

RangeTesKopeks Sun 12-Nov-17 21:49:02

Sorry hate blush... AIBU to ask you about what kind of anniversary present I could get for my parents?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now