Talk

Advanced search

To Be Annoyed With DP

(10 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:16:27

So DP gets out the shower and shouts for me to get the toolbox. I ask why and he says the drain is blocked and needs to unscrew and remove the drain. I tell him not to but it's pointless, I'm busy supervising a naked DD whose ripped her nappy off.

Anyway DP decided that once the drain is cleared to rinse out the bath with water without putting the drain back in.

Queue water starting to pour from the ceiling downstairs in two places, narrowly missing our laptops, soaking the floor and various other things.

AIBU to be pissed off with DP when I told him not to do it in the first place, he is no plumber. I think I'm more cross because he denies it's his fault and how was he supposed to know it would do that!?

Aquamarine1029 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:18:08

I'd be furious. He clearly has no idea what the hell he's doing. He had no business pretending to be a plumber.

gunsandbanjos Sun 12-Nov-17 19:19:49

He's an idiot, I'd be annoyed.

Pickleypickles Sun 12-Nov-17 19:19:51

I think you are being a bit harsh. He didnt intentionally set out to make the shower leak and shit happens.

ethelfleda Sun 12-Nov-17 19:22:31

YABU. He was trying to do the right thing. At least he had a go... and I'm sure the water damage wasn't intentional!

AnnabellaH Sun 12-Nov-17 19:23:11

Tell him he's doing overtime for the repairs. Easy.

gamerchick Sun 12-Nov-17 19:24:31

Sounds like you need to get a proper Plummer in now though. What a Pratt.

WorraLiberty Sun 12-Nov-17 19:25:39

So he forgot to put the drain back in?

Annoying yes, but not like he did it on purpose. I'm sure he won't repeat that mistake again.

As an aside, you really don't need a plumber for such a simple task.

Pengggwn Sun 12-Nov-17 19:37:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LouBlue1507 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:04:10

He didn't forget he just didn't think it needed to be put back before he poured water down it hmm

I've chilled out not but this happens regularly where he thinks he can do anything and ends up making it worse/breaking it. I just wish he'd listen to me or at the very least just say 'I fucked up, I'm sorry, I'll clean up now'.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: