Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be suspicious of cheap prams FS on FB?

(16 Posts)
minniemummy0 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:26:36

I joined a few FB selling sites specifically for prams for sale whilst I was pregnant (ended up buying new on a good deal) but the notifications still come up and I love prams so often take a nosy.

I just can’t get over how cheap people sell prams! Much, much cheaper than on eBay etc. Like £50 for a practically brand new travel system that would normally be £700+.

I’m so suspicious of this, and have been thinking what is the catch?! I’ve wondered if they could be stolen but often they come with all the bits and bobs so don’t think it could be that. The other thing is there are people who seem to change their pram, offer it for a swap, just because they fancy something different. Who does that?!! I thought long and hard about my pram because I knew it was a big purchase.

So AIBU to wonder what’s the catch? Is there something dodgy or do they just have a really bad depreciation like cars?!!

Notreallyarsed Sun 12-Nov-17 08:30:34

I put a lot of our baby stuff that I hadn’t given away up for free. Mostly because people had been very generous with us, and without meaning to sound wanky, I wanted to pay it forward. I could make money off it, but I’d rather it went to someone who would appreciate it and get some joy out of it.

Jugoo28 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:31:41

My cousin is quite well off and she bought three brand new prams before deciding which one she liked the best!

Cleanermaidcook Sun 12-Nov-17 08:33:05

They're bulky, people might just want to get rid.
I had a friend who changed her pram regularly, she just liked a change I think she had 7 in about 3 years.

abbsisspartacus Sun 12-Nov-17 08:33:06

People won't pay the value on a second hand pram

NotPennysBoat Sun 12-Nov-17 08:34:12

I sold my £600+ icandy system for £100 because quite simply I couldn’t get any more for it! Tried for months listing it for higher but had zero interest.

Gunpowder Sun 12-Nov-17 08:36:18

Hmmm I get the ones selling a second hand pram that was £700 for £250 but I’d be suspicious of the really cheap £50 deals too.

AveEldon Sun 12-Nov-17 08:36:22

Sometimes they are stolen
Round here they get nicked from people's cars and soft play places

Also a few new ones get stolen while in transit

Afreshstartplease Sun 12-Nov-17 08:36:49

Im currently selling my giggle2 travel system, did have an offer of 200 on preloved but the buyer pulled out

Ive now got it on ebay and had 1 bid for 50 so far

FlaviaAlbia Sun 12-Nov-17 08:37:50

Really bad depreciation and people usually just want them gone by the time they come to sell them. Plus you don't have eBay fees or postage on local FB sites.

Bubblebubblepop Sun 12-Nov-17 08:38:48

The OP is saying these are brand new so it can't be someone selling it on

Looneytune253 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:38:51

Is it not because no one buys them anymore? They’re usually on the free giveaway site here now.

FlaviaAlbia Sun 12-Nov-17 08:40:08

She says "practically brand new" Bubblebubblepop which on selling sites I read as reasonably clean without faults...

Afreshstartplease Sun 12-Nov-17 08:40:20

Practically brand new the op said

WhirlwindHugs Sun 12-Nov-17 08:45:29

Yeah, I think the almost brand new super cheap ones are possibly stolen or scams... I haven't seen that that often though. Scams are much more common than thefts ime, always pay with the business option of PayPal so you can reclaim your money if the buggy doesn't turn up.

I'm about to sell my buggy I bought second hand a few years ago and the new models still go for a lot but the older styles now seem to depreciate much more quickly than they used to.

Bubblebubblepop Sun 12-Nov-17 08:55:09

As misread sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now