Talk

Advanced search

Calling all hairdressers

(5 Posts)
kaytee87 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:23:27

I just had bonded air extensions removed yesterday by my hairdresser (she put them in 4 months ago). I’ve been left with loads of clumps of glue (or keratin I think it is) in my hair. She just said to me when I was leaving that as I wash my hair the last bits will come out, I didn’t realise how much was left in at this point.

There’s loads of it. I put a conditioning mask on my hair last night and tried to comb out as much as possible which was very painful and I’m losing huge clumps of hair along with the glue. I’ve washed and conditioned again this morning to get more out but there’s still loads and the problem is when the keratin is wet it obviously becomes sticky so then more hair is sticking in it.

Is this normal?? I’ve been going to my hairdresser for around 10 years but had never had bonds before so not sure, paid £300 for them and £20 for removal which seems to be average around here so didn’t get them ‘on the cheap’

Animation86 Sun 12-Nov-17 16:21:38

I would expect a removal to be exactly that - including the bonds.

You could try using coconut oil and leaving it in for a bit.

Nanny0gg Sun 12-Nov-17 16:25:06

I would be going back on Monday.

What did your hair look like when you left the salon?

Cactusjelly00 Sun 12-Nov-17 16:25:53

My hairdresser used to put this stuff on that would loosen the bond, then they'd comb out easy enough with a bit of snagging here and there. Nothing like you describe though! If they've been otherwise a great hairdresser for 10 yrs I'd ring and ask their advice before being harsh or rash towards them.

kaytee87 Sun 12-Nov-17 17:11:23

Hair looked fine when I left as all of the bonds were underneath and hidden anyway.

Defo don’t be harsh, just didn’t have a clue if this was normal or not.

Going to try baby oil tonight as I’ve run out of coconut oil, wish me luck!

If I can get the rest out then I won’t bother going back in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now