Talk

Advanced search

To choose not to care that much?

(13 Posts)
ownedbySWD Sat 11-Nov-17 21:03:22

Went to our local little community cinema tonight and it was packed. Three popular films at once, long queues out the front door. When we finally got to the front of the queue, a lady with a child suddenly appeared next to us and basically pushed in front. I said, "we've been waiting here for ages" and she replied "so have we!" (I definitely did not see her next to us whilst we were queuing but I'm not the most observant of people) Thinking about it, i think the people outside formed more queues than there were kiosks, thus forcing two queues to merge into one at the front.

She bought her tickets, then it was my turn.

I didn't silently fume or hold a grudge. I wasn't raging. I got my tickets and watched my film.

Aibu to think life.doesnt need to be full of angst over such situations?

Laura811 Sat 11-Nov-17 22:45:51

Wow, well done! Good for you! Have a medal!

And a biscuit

JungleBooty Sat 11-Nov-17 22:49:29

Is this a joke?

WishingOnABar Sat 11-Nov-17 22:49:37

You didn’t fume or hold a grudge but still remembered to write a full forum post about it online when you got home?

RunningOutOfCharge Sat 11-Nov-17 22:50:42

It’s easier in the long run

Pick your battles I say! That definitely wasn’t one!

MinervaSaidThar Sat 11-Nov-17 23:21:58

Yeah, I don't say anything unless I'm 100% sure the person wasn't in the queue. Been caught out a couple of times.

PickAChew Sat 11-Nov-17 23:23:34

There would have been a different thread if she'd bought the last few tickets.

Laura811 Sat 11-Nov-17 23:25:11

Oh OP wouldn’t be bothered by that! She doesn’t have angst about such things! Apparently.

rollingonariver Sat 11-Nov-17 23:29:17

I agree op. People get angry about a lot of random shite. It’s not worth it.

rollingonariver Sat 11-Nov-17 23:29:39

Depends on the day though, sometimes tiny things annoy the shit out of me

MinervaSaidThar Sat 11-Nov-17 23:35:59

I actually think people don't get angry enough. Look at all the cheeky fucker threads. The replies are abundant because many people can't stand up for themselves.

Pennypickle Sat 11-Nov-17 23:48:44

I'm not sure what this thread is about tbh. You went to a local cinema screening and as you got to the booking desk a lady with her daughter, in front of you, bought some tickets and then you bought yours. Then you came on mumsnet to tell everyone about a perfectly normal night out....Is that it??? What have I missed?? confused

Wiggypudding Sat 11-Nov-17 23:55:58

Why on earth are you posting on MN about it then confused clearly it did cause you angst on some level

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now