Talk

Advanced search

To think they just don’t think

(10 Posts)
ihavetogoshoppingnow Sat 11-Nov-17 20:17:01

DD has just stired so DP Just went to give her her dummy, couldn’t find the dummy, thought it would be a good idea to put on the light to find it, lift DD out of her cot to find it pull the cot out to see if she’d thrown it on the floor. Is it just me who would have just gone and got another one?! She’s now wide awake angry

MyKingdomForBrie Sat 11-Nov-17 20:21:10

Oh god that does seem insane.. is he sleep deprived?!

TheWhyteRoseShallRiseAgain Sat 11-Nov-17 20:23:29

Argh DH did this once. Dd2 made her displeasure so clear he never made that mistake again and my lack of help and sympathy kind of helped make it clear

CherryChasingDotMuncher Sat 11-Nov-17 20:24:49

I very nearly murdered DH when DD was a newborn as he used to come into the bedroom when I was settling her and knock the light on then go awww is she not sleeping.

We had words about that when DS was born. Drove me fucking nuts

ItsNachoCheese Sat 11-Nov-17 20:27:02

I keep a several spare dummy on the chest of drawers in case of a escapee dummy

ihavetogoshoppingnow Sat 11-Nov-17 20:41:34

Not sleep deprived DD sleeps through. We have about 10 of them round the house because they always go missing even though she only uses them for sleeping. I asked him why he didn’t just grab another one and all he said is ‘oh’ seems to think it’s hilarious but it’s not his fault because ‘well she was already awake’ and of course he’s going out tonight so he doesn’t have to deal with getting her back to sleep. WIBU to put my key in the back of the door so he can’t get back in wink

Mamabear4180 Sat 11-Nov-17 20:45:31

He's insane! We have a dummy pot full of spares next to the cot. Mam ones glow in the dark.

ihavetogoshoppingnow Sat 11-Nov-17 20:48:16

We have the glowing mam ones! He’s a bloody idiot

MyKingdomForBrie Sat 11-Nov-17 20:48:34

I would be changing the schedule and heading out myself!!

catboygeckoandowlett Sat 11-Nov-17 21:32:23

Little tip - put about 5 dummies in the cot! Little one will learn soon to find one herself! and if a bit young, your DH will find at least one in the dark without having to switch on all the lights etc ... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now