Talk

Advanced search

To message neighbour on FB?

(10 Posts)
meanapparently Sat 11-Nov-17 19:42:58

I don't really know my neighbour, have only spoken to her a handful of times and when we take a package in for them and vice versa.

They have a massive bull terrier that barks a lot especially when it's left alone, then it barks constantly.

It's been barking for the last hour and a half without let up. I'm knackered, I've got a sick dc and I just want a bit of peace!

I've found neighbour on FB. Would I bu to message her and tell her that the dogs going crazy and how long before someone is coming back?

Not in the slightest. Poor dog, and poor you!

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sat 11-Nov-17 19:45:03

Yep shame her.

MoonfaceAndSilky Sat 11-Nov-17 19:46:50

Yes do it. Poor dog

Yorkshiremum17 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:47:53

Our neighbor has a dog that barks every time it it's left on its own, we always text him to tell him, it drives us absolutely insane. My particular favorites are when he goes out at 8 in the evening and doesn't come home till 4 in the morning. I feel your pain, it is soul destroying.

couchparsnip Sat 11-Nov-17 19:49:02

She might not get the message if you aren't friends with her on facebook though.

bulldogmum Sat 11-Nov-17 19:52:52

Yes drop her a message but no need to ‘shame’ her. There’s a chance she doesn’t have a clue how bad the barking is when the dogs left alone. Poor thing sounds like it has really bad separation anxiety.

Just message and say you’re not sure if they’re aware that the dog barks constantly and sounds in distress currently. Say not the first time it’s happened so wanted to say something in case they weren’t aware as you’d hate to think of the dog being stressed.
Give them a chance to do something about it in a nice way and if they don’t then you can get more firm.
My mums dog barked a couple of times when she left him and she had no clue, the neighbours messaged her concerned (& obviously disturbed by the noise), my mum was super apologetic and dealt with the issues or made alternative arrangements when going out. Nice to give them a chance to work on it even though super stressful for You at this sec but think it’s good to start out nicely and try to keep neighbourly relations.

meanapparently Sat 11-Nov-17 19:59:41

I've messaged her and she came back to say she was out eating and will be home soon. She actually said sorry about it! So hopefully it will be okgrin

kitkatsky Sat 11-Nov-17 21:28:28

I’d tell her. My parent’s neighbours told them their dog barked all day. They had no idea. They’ve now started shutting him in a smaller room which makes him feel more secure and things are much better. Just don’t do it on fb- pop round for a chat so you can sound concerned instead of annoyed. Hard to read tone in messages

SD1978 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:47:15

I’d rather someone told me, although I understand that it’s difficult to gage how a neighbour will behave. I have two dogs who don’t bark much when we are home (they are outside during the day, so don’t get interaction all the time, but often) and I was unaware until a neighbour told me they bark all night when I’m working (permanent nights) was highly embarrassed and ensured the dogs stayed in overnight when I’m not home from that point on. I’d rather be able to deal with something and hated the fact that the dogs and the neighbours had been so unhappy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now