Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Calling an unborn baby girl "a little bitch"

(192 Posts)
Pandoraphile Sat 11-Nov-17 16:06:47

And then going on to refer to older nieces as "little bitches"?

Overheard the nail salon and I couldn't believe my ears. It wasn't being said nastily, it came across as a term of endearment shock

AIBU to have been shocked??

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sat 11-Nov-17 16:08:58

I remember an ex work colleague referring to her dd being a fucking little bitch for keeping her awake during the night. She had previously lost a ds late on in pregnancy... Worried for a long time about that little girl.

Whambarsarentasfizzyastheywere Sat 11-Nov-17 16:09:29

Around these parts the word cunt is a term of endearment grin

You must be pretty easily shocked.

Pandoraphile Sat 11-Nov-17 16:14:32

Where do you live?!?

FittonTower Sat 11-Nov-17 16:15:43

My un-born baby boy broke my rib. I called him worse. I have also described both my children as pretty unspeakable things after a night of little sleep once I'm in work with my friends - I don't mean it. Much.

LondonGirl83 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:18:30

Said without true malice it can be funny. Let go of your pearls dear!

Xeneth88 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:22:44

Couldn't get het up about something so minor.

BuckingFrolicks2 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:23:04

I would find it vile to hear.
I don't own any pearls. Just don't like vile terms being used about people especially children

EvansOvalPies Sat 11-Nov-17 16:23:34

Pandoraphile - I'm with you. I hate all this derogatory terminology aimed at women, using terms that are insulting to women (like cunt and bitch) under the guise that they are 'intended' as terms of endearment. Don't get me wrong - I can swear with the best of them, but the normal everyday use of words such as 'Bitch', 'Cunt' etc, really makes my hair stand on end.

And exactly, Wham - where on earth do you live that this is acceptable? I'd really like to know so that I make a point to never move there fconfused

NewBrian Sat 11-Nov-17 16:24:08

She had previously lost a ds late on in pregnancy... Worried for a long time about that little girl
Get a grip. How is her losing a child relevant. My mum used to call me a spoilt bitch if I cost her a fortune etc, certainly wasn’t cause for anyone to worry hmm.

TinklyLittleLaugh Sat 11-Nov-17 16:24:31

No it's horrid OP and not acceptable in most social groups. She sounds rough as fuck.

doodlejump1980 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:25:16

Aberdeen and Perthshire the c-word is used as a term of endearment... "she's a bookie wee c" 😳

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:25:17

They definitely weren't talking about a litter of puppies, right?

doodlejump1980 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:25:28

*bonnie

EvansOvalPies Sat 11-Nov-17 16:25:31

Let go of your pearls dear!

Oh, how unoriginal, unfunny and incredibly patronising.

Balfe Sat 11-Nov-17 16:25:41

Horrid.

Wham will come on and claim she is Glaswegian or Scottish. I'd like to assure you that 99% of Glaswegians do not use the c word as a term of endearment.

EachandEveryone Sat 11-Nov-17 16:26:19

What’s wrong with madam instead?

NotAPuffin Sat 11-Nov-17 16:29:26

A lot depends on the tone. My mother used to call me a toe-rag, which is probably less offensive to most people, but the way she said it, it may as well have been the vilest insult you could think of.

PeiPeiPing Sat 11-Nov-17 16:31:29

Yes it is vile. I would be tempted to say 'do you kiss your mother with that mouth?' hmm

Trust there to be a few posters, who think it's OK.

Maybe it's OK in your world and with the rough as a badgers arse people you knock around with; but it's NOT OK in the world of most normal, decent, well-mannered, well raised people.

Vile, horrible language, from equally vile, horrible people.

And accusing people of pearl-clutching is fucking pathetic.

Battleax Sat 11-Nov-17 16:31:52

Some people are just the kind of people who do that.

I had a client once who always had her small son in a buggy and always called him "a little shit" while cuddling him in tones that would make an alien think it meant "darling". She was doing a generally very good job of rising above a horrible background though, from what I gathered. But it did make me wince.

treaclesoda Sat 11-Nov-17 16:34:30

I don't care if it makes me a pearl clutcher, I'm properly horrified when I hear people use terms like that about their children (or any children). Words matter.

carb0nated Sat 11-Nov-17 16:36:43

doodlejump - that's a load of rubbish you are talking. It's certainly not a term that any normal person would use.

Mac12345 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:38:26

I used to work with a girl who would call her kids little shits, but it seemed to be the acceptable thing to call them.

It makes me sad, if kids are called negative names by their parents, even if it's light-hearted, I do think they will believe it on some level.

I'm by no means a perfect parent but I do believe in speaking positive words to kids.

WeShouldOpenABar Sat 11-Nov-17 16:39:00

I call my unborn a little fucker for the discomfort I'm in 24/7 this will not make me a terrible mother it's just a way to vent my frustration through my exhaustion

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Sat 11-Nov-17 16:41:08

Its nasty to call anyone names like that, and a baby or child especially so.

I'd have pulled my judgey pants so high, I'd have given myself a wedgie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now