Talk

Advanced search

Are there any AMHPS out there? Posting for traffic

(7 Posts)
MsHooliesCardigan Sat 11-Nov-17 14:33:20

I have just been placed on a section 2 following on from a section 5(2). Another AMHP met with me to discuss the social circumstances report for the Tribunal and he seemed shocked at something the nurse told him. Ironically’I’m a mental health nurse so know the basics but not every technicality and I think one of the doctors may have done something illegal by putting me on 2 overlapping 5(2)s eg putting neon one when the original still had 24 hours to go

x2boys Sat 11-Nov-17 14:46:49

my understanding was that you can be placed on a section two or three anytime within the 72 hrs of the section 5(2)as the 5[2] is the drs holding power? Im not a AMPH but i was also a mental health nurse.

macthecat Sat 11-Nov-17 14:50:50

Not good practice but yes you can use 2 5(2)s consecutively. Hope you are ok and not detained to the unit/Trust you're working in flowers

x2boys Sat 11-Nov-17 14:56:56

mac i dont think Op been placed on two section 5[2] consectivley i think she has been placed on a section 2 within the 72 hours of a section 5[2]?

x2boys Sat 11-Nov-17 15:00:48

oh maybe im wrong sorry my guess would be the staff were struggling to get the two approved drs and AMPH Within the 72 hrs so did two setion 5[2] to give them more time as mac said not good practice but i think its legal i hope you feel better soon.

MsHooliesCardigan Sat 11-Nov-17 15:02:44

But this wasn’t consecutive. I was placed on the 5(2) at 4pm on Friday so it would have expired at 4pm on Monday. So, on Monday, I was told that the 5(2) had been ‘breached’ because I had been taken to A&E over the weekend so the. Doctor had started another 5(2) on Monday morning without rescinding the other one so I was basically on 2 5(2) s at the same time so she effectively extended it by 3 days and I was then assessed for section 2 on the Wednesday. Surely that’s not ok?

x2boys Sat 11-Nov-17 15:13:12

is the A and E in the same hospital or trust ?iirc you cant be moved to another hospital under a 5[2] so the 5[2] would automatically rescind and you would have been informal at that point and they felt another 5[2] was necessary it sounds a bit messy but im sure it was done in your best interests in the trust i worked for there used to be someone whose job it was to know all the legalities and ins and outs of the mental health act .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now