Talk

Advanced search

To change children song words

(7 Posts)
Sammymommy Sat 11-Nov-17 13:26:46

Inspired by this
yomadac.com/2017/11/03/mother-petition-library-change-children-songs-lyrics/

Is there a song you'd like to change the lyrics of? I must admit that, while being bored out of my mind at the library, I used to change the words (in my head grin ) of the fingers song Mummy finger would be hitting on George Clooney or sister finger partying in Ibiza, oh the life they had grin

(It made me feel so guilty to be THAT bored at the library's story time blush even I was grateful I had that place to go with DC)

Phryne Sat 11-Nov-17 18:28:58

I change the words at home. The daddies I the bus mess in their phones and the teddies tickle or whatever. The library breaks my head as we've moved several times and it's a bit different every time anyway even with the same song. I would cheerfully abolish wind the bobbin up. I just can't figure out what they're up to. Neither spinning nor sewing bobbins work like that. It's been around since the 1890s apparently so it's unlikely to go sadly!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_the_Bobbin_Up

LivingDeadGirlUK Sat 11-Nov-17 19:02:38

My partner is currently singing a mash up of 'oh christmas tree' and the fast food song.

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, kentucky fried chicken and a Christmas tree...

EmilyChambers79 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:20:13

I just can't figure out what they're up to. Neither spinning nor sewing bobbins work like that. It's been around since the 1890s apparently so it's unlikely to go sadly

Wasn't wind the bobbin something to do with ships? The pointing to the ceiling, window, door and floor was the direction you pointed your arm in as you wound the thing up.

Or something like that!

SlackerMum1 Sat 11-Nov-17 19:22:22

Only songs I know are ones I’ve made up from tv jingles or abridged from half remembered disney movies or kids shows.... learning ‘proper’ nursery rhymes on the eternal to do list...

sauceyorange Sat 11-Nov-17 19:22:44

Wind the bobbin up can get fucked

Most annoying rhyme ever.

All other nursery rhymes can be sung to the Same tune, more or less

Ladymadness Sat 11-Nov-17 20:25:34

Not a nursery rhyme but I often replace "let it go" with "f*ck it all dont give a sh*t anymore" 😂 not infront of the dc though lol .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now