Talk

Advanced search

Very true and very hilarious

(50 Posts)
Allabitmuchisntit Sat 11-Nov-17 12:52:30

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155116811451593&id=28373121592

Allabitmuchisntit Sat 11-Nov-17 12:55:33

www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/mum-enjoys-holiday-in-supermarket-car-park-20171111138852

Imfinehowareyou Sat 11-Nov-17 13:05:59

grin
I also thoroughly enjoyed my 'me time' whilst having a massive filling done at the dentist.

CreekyOldKnee Sat 11-Nov-17 13:59:18

Oh yes, love the peace of the dentist’s chair! I had a root canal last week - heaven!

grin

WiggleYourWoo Sat 11-Nov-17 14:03:23

I had a blissful hour this morning hoovering and emptying the dishwasher uninterrupted!

BulletFox Sat 11-Nov-17 14:05:22

Creeky you're making me jealuzzz

Nannyplumssillyoldelf Sat 11-Nov-17 14:15:34

Yes I used to hate the dentist but now I love waiting in the waiting room for my appointment. I also leave 10 minutes earlier than I need to for work so I can have 10 minutes of peace before I start.

SchadenfreudePersonified Sat 11-Nov-17 14:33:10

She is a shining example to us all! grin

Oysterbabe Sat 11-Nov-17 14:37:39

I had a glucose tolerance test in my second pregnancy and was almost delirious with joy at being sat in a doctor's waiting room for 2 hours reading my book.

BulletFox Sat 11-Nov-17 14:47:38

Actually I was so relieved after I was attacked and needed a medical consultant when I was called at the last appointment I bolted out of my chair and ran at him down the corridor like a startled whippet.

Nearly knocked him over. He'd just called for me and I sprang into action a little too fast, and I move very fast when I want to. He didn't get out of the way in time as I was flying at him.

He was utterly brilliant, I loved him

lilydaisyrose Sat 11-Nov-17 14:51:24

I frequently dream of a nice couple of weeks in hospital.

cushioncovers Sat 11-Nov-17 14:53:42

There was something on fb about when you put the kids in the car, shut the doors and that few seconds of peace as you walk around to the drivers side and then as you open your door the noise hits you in the face again. grin

HughLauriesStubble Sat 11-Nov-17 14:54:51

I was very ill in hospital for 3 weeks last year. It was awful being unwell but I actually remember the afternoons spent dozing and doing crosswords/reading with fondness blush

My husband refers to it as my 'extended holiday' too grin

Elledouble Sat 11-Nov-17 14:58:06

Guilty! Sometimes I don’t drive the quickest way home from work so I can have a few extra minutes listening to the radio on my own.

BelfastSmile Sat 11-Nov-17 14:58:13

DH and I argue over whose turn it is to do the dishes, because whoever doesn't do them has to entertain the kids.

If I'm looking particularly exhausted, the nicest thing DH can do is say "your turn for dishes".

anotherdayanotherdinner Sat 11-Nov-17 14:58:27

Yep totally get it. Just had an mri scan which took about 40 mins. Actually commented to the radiographer how nice it was to have a lie down without the kids shouting at me every 2 minutes grin

cushioncovers Sat 11-Nov-17 14:58:52

When I worked on a gynae ward some ladies would quite happily have routine surgery booked for a day or two before Xmas so that they could be in hospital Xmas day and rest. Or go home Xmas eve with strict instructions of not lifting a finger to help cook etc Those that planned it purposely were positively dizzy with excitement at the prospect of not having to host Xmas lunch etc. grin

Sidge Sat 11-Nov-17 15:01:55

Ha! I'm a practice nurse and have a couple of patients I see regularly that pretend to their families that I was running ages late, and after their appointment sit in the waiting room or their cars with a Costa and a cake grin

freshlemons Sat 11-Nov-17 15:04:43

I had my DS3 on Christmas Eve at about 4pm. Quick, no complications. I was offered to go home about 8pm and I said no! I had a lovely night with my new baby in an almost empty labour ward whilst my husband and mum were sorting out everything for the older DCs at home. The Salvation Army brass band even came in and played carols at the end of my bed (quietly). It was bliss. I slept so well and my husband picked us up at 8am Christmas morning. I managed to cook Christmas dinner for 8 the next day though (with my mum).

AveAtqueVale Sat 11-Nov-17 15:14:32

I feel there should be a corresponding article: 'Father of two takes unscheduled holiday on toilet'.

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Sat 11-Nov-17 15:19:04

I get every Saturday morning to myself...to clean the house. Totally the price though!

rainbowlou Sat 11-Nov-17 15:22:32

I quite often buy a magazine during the food shop and sit in the car park for half an hour.
I usually go home and have a little rant at how busy it was and the queues were massive, nobody has realised it only happens when I go alone wink

Enwi Sat 11-Nov-17 15:26:26

My partner always leaves for work 45 mins before his shift starts, but it only takes him 20 minutes to get to work. I never understood this but he always said that it took him ages to find parking. Ok, whatever.
I was on a night out with some of his work friends the other week who commented that DP always arrives at work 25 mins later and just sits in his car, or at his desk for that time. DP sheepishly admitted he liked the peace... I don't blame him! grin

StrangeLookingParasite Sat 11-Nov-17 15:33:02

'Father of two takes unscheduled holiday on toilet'.

Three times a day.

FitBitFanClub Sat 11-Nov-17 15:34:54

Actually, there have been a few threads on here about people feeling really cross when asked to give lifts to work to colleagues. I totally get that. Once in a while, fine, but every day? No way. Love that bit of peace and quiet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now