Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed with DM

(3 Posts)
MaybeADecemberProblem Sat 11-Nov-17 11:41:06

I’m prepared to be told IABU

I’m just not sure if she’s being caring and honest or unsupportive and a little mean.

I’ve just got off the phone to her where she told me

1. My main Christmas present idea for the DC was a terrible idea. That they wouldn’t play with it and she knew someone who had one and they hated it. Putting a downer on it when I was really excited about it.

2. That me having my computer near a window was very irresponsible and inviting people to come in to rob us.
(I can see her point on this one, but feel she went a little overboard on how ‘stupid’ I am.

3. She knows I’ve been struggling to find work with a lot of failed interviews. I told her I had the idea of starting up a little ironing business from home. Where I could iron peoples clothes for them while I’m between work. I thought it was a good idea but she said that that was very ‘demeaning’ and ‘embarrassing’ and how she ‘wouldn’t be caught dead doing that’

I didn’t ask for these unwanted opinions she just gave them but then maybe I am just stressed with my work situation and taking that out on her.

Any opinions?

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 11-Nov-17 11:53:56

First one - can't comment as don't know what the present is

Second one-she may have a point which you agree with

Third one-it's not demeaning you are offering a service

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sat 11-Nov-17 11:53:57

Stop telling her things!! Accept she is a negative woman and if she starts being critical change the subject or end the call.
Remind her of your age and that you don't need told off!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now