Talk

Advanced search

How to be glamorous?

(4 Posts)
operaha Sat 11-Nov-17 11:09:46

I have a thing to go to tonight, I'm not averse to make up, hair do etc, scrub up alright but i want to go the extra mile tonight. Outfit not a worry although I'm off out shopping so happy to buy a new one if anyone has a great idea - doesn't need to be overly dressy... but in terms of makeup and hair being done myself - anyone got any secrets to the extra wow factor? I've never done red lipstick before but think i might try... I'm crap with hair but mines long, need simple ideas that i cam do myself!
Aibu for pulling a last minute makeover? I'm not but just had to find an aibu blush

toolonglurking Sat 11-Nov-17 14:00:37

Go to a big department store/proper make up shop ie Bobby Brown, and get some help to pick your perfect red lipstick, the wrong colour can look terrible, but the right red transforms any look.
Just remember to tone down your eye make up so you don't look over done. I tend to just wear a very plain, pale eyeshadow, mascara and a little eyeliner when I'm wearing lipstick.

toolonglurking Sat 11-Nov-17 14:00:47

Go to a big department store/proper make up shop ie Bobby Brown, and get some help to pick your perfect red lipstick, the wrong colour can look terrible, but the right red transforms any look.
Just remember to tone down your eye make up so you don't look over done. I tend to just wear a very plain, pale eyeshadow, mascara and a little eyeliner when I'm wearing lipstick.

Splinterz Sat 11-Nov-17 14:04:12

I'd go some where with a bit of class like Elizabeth Arden and ask for a make over. Don't trowel the face on, steer clear of false lashes and red lipstick and you'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: