Talk

Advanced search

Colleague sleeping on/off since 4am 😡😡😡

(87 Posts)
HateSummer Sat 11-Nov-17 06:02:41

I need to vent. I am so pissed off. He’s sitting next to me snoring his arse off. I feel like ripping his head off 😡

HateSummer Sat 11-Nov-17 06:04:30

Every so often he wakes up and checks the box for work, but there’s not any BECAUSE IVE DONE IT ALL and then goes back to sleep. Disgusting.

MrSnrubYesThatsIt Sat 11-Nov-17 06:05:10

What type of job is this? Are you nurses?

HateSummer Sat 11-Nov-17 06:05:54

No in a lab.

chitofftheshovel Sat 11-Nov-17 06:06:20

Pulling off his finger nails should do the trick.

MrSnrubYesThatsIt Sat 11-Nov-17 06:07:14

Is that not gross misconduct?
Could you report him?

niceupthedance Sat 11-Nov-17 06:11:21

Video him

HateSummer Sat 11-Nov-17 06:12:30

He was woken by the bleep...and now just told me “every little helps” and is closing his eyes again. Arsehole.

HateSummer Sat 11-Nov-17 06:13:42

I could report him but he’s been here years. I don’t want the hassle. I just need to vent before I get home and vent to dh

Beowulf007 Sat 11-Nov-17 06:15:22

Next time take turns to nap. Doesn't sound like you both need to be awake.

HateSummer Sat 11-Nov-17 06:25:20

No we do actually both need to be awake. There are phone calls, machines to look after, bags of work coming in and the bleep going off. It’s friday night/sat morning. It’s busy.

HateSummer Sat 11-Nov-17 06:26:24

He’s awake now. Now he’ll piss off for a Fag I bet. 🙄

abbsisspartacus Sat 11-Nov-17 06:30:42

Git film him and send it to his boss

wasMissD Sat 11-Nov-17 06:31:23

Threaten you'll tell on him. Doesn't mean you have to, and might shake him up a bit. He sounds like a tool.

Quietvoiceplease Sat 11-Nov-17 06:34:22

That must be so frustrating.
But, I have to say, you're using mumsnet presumably in work time, which would be very inappropriate in my work context (I'm in the public sector).
Sounds like there isn't enough work for both of you to be there - which is something worth flagging up to your managers, no?

Ceto Sat 11-Nov-17 06:34:25

Can't you keep waking him when he does that? I'd make sure the phone was right by his ear for starters.

HateSummer Sat 11-Nov-17 06:41:00

There is definitely enough work for both of us. Yes I shouldn’t be using my phone but I’m seriously pissed off... thanks for pointing that out though.

He’s awake now. I’ve put the bleep near him but he’s ignored it. So me calling again

Quietvoiceplease Sat 11-Nov-17 06:47:06

I didn't mean my comments to sound PA, and I am sorry if they did.
If he is sleeping and not picking up urgent work then he's taking advantage of you and his employer.
I'd try to raise the issue with him (I'd find this hard) but suggest that ypu say working night shifts with him makes a hard job harder: you are doing his work and yours, whilst being confronted by his snoring. It's not fair and not appropriate.
If he brushes you off, then I'd raise it with your managers. They're not paying him to sleep. It is worth the hassle, because not dealing with poor performance ultimately undermines everyone else's morale.

Splinterz Sat 11-Nov-17 06:47:08

film him - and end up on a gross misconduct charge.

PenelopeFlintstone Sat 11-Nov-17 06:49:54

Could you work a bit slower so that when he wakes up there's some work 'in the box'?

frumpety Sat 11-Nov-17 06:58:04

Are you still there ? lean over and write something short but offensive on his face with a marker pen , which of course is very childish and if I were to do it , would probably wake him by snort laughing in his face .

Or suddenly shake him awake and tell him you have a suspected case of smallpox to deal with , do you have any bio suits kicking about ?

JWrecks Sat 11-Nov-17 07:02:31

Tell him "Mate you're fucking SNORING. It's LOUD. At least have the decency to TRY pretending you're not blatantly passed out on the clock!"

I'd be so annoyed!

blueskyinmarch Sat 11-Nov-17 07:14:10

Penelope the OP is hardly going to work slower given there are doctors waiting for the results of the tests in order to treat sick people!

OP I think you need to report him for literally sleeping on the job.** It isn’t fair to leave you to do all the work.**

SummatFishyEre Sat 11-Nov-17 07:17:15

I would report him...doesnt matter how long he's been there he can't take the piss like that

JonSnowsWife Sat 11-Nov-17 07:37:16

I'm suprised you have your phone on you to be honest.

If DCs DF is even seen with his it's immediate disciplinary. (It's meant to be locked away until shift is finished).

Yes he's wrong to be sleeping on the job but so are you to be mumsnetting on the job.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: