Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that I would just be wasting the doctors time.

(6 Posts)
Shootfirstaskquestionslater Sat 11-Nov-17 01:03:40

I've had hip pain for nearly 2 weeks I think it's being caused by my curvature I have back pain as well painkillers are kind of helping my mum and my boyfriend think I should go to the doctors but I disagree I think it would be a waste of the doctors time because other than more pain killers there's nothing they can do. I would rather just put up with it and not bother the doctor over it. Am I just being stubborn and unreasonable or am I right to just try and deal with it myself if I can.

SexAndAllThatJunk Sat 11-Nov-17 01:11:32

Definitely get it checked out as it could make things worse if you don't. They can prescribe pain killers or possibly refer you for physiotherapy, the pain might be causing you to hold yourself differently effecting your posture which could be the cause of the back pain. Hope they sort it for you x

Birdsgottafly Sat 11-Nov-17 01:11:52

What most Doctors say is even though you've got a chronic condition/pain etc, if there is a change, which hasn't been expected, it should be checked out.

Shootfirstaskquestionslater Sat 11-Nov-17 01:14:54

Ok I guess I should stop being stubborn then and go and get checked out. I started with back pain first and then it spread to my hip. My mum said they might offer me physio the thing is both my parents and my sister all have arthritis and I really don't want it to be that. But I will go to the doctors about it. I'm one of those people who won't go to the doctor about anything.

JaneJeffer Sat 11-Nov-17 01:22:33

Try to get a referral to a physio because if you're prescribed anti-inflammitories they will just treat the pain but not the cause and they are very severe on the stomach.

Shootfirstaskquestionslater Sat 11-Nov-17 01:30:04

JaneJeffer yes I'm taking them with paracetermol and it's not helping so I bought co-codamol otc they helped but I stopped taking them after 3 days. I will ask for a referal to physio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now