Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU he's not where he said he was- what would you think

(57 Posts)
curiousmofo Fri 10-Nov-17 23:30:30

Basically that. If he told he was x but location services said y would you believe him if it was wrong (and on your phone your location services were all correct) nc for obvious reasons.

LittleLights Fri 10-Nov-17 23:31:20

I would ask him why?

Does he know you can see his location?

CoffeeBreakIn5 Fri 10-Nov-17 23:32:04

It depends who it was and what the circumstances were. I need more information.

Fattymcfaterson Fri 10-Nov-17 23:32:11

I'd wonder why you were stalking me by my phone location

dantdmistedious Fri 10-Nov-17 23:32:43

Would depend what the difference between the two was - not in terms of distance. Does he know you can see?

hmmmmm Fri 10-Nov-17 23:34:00

Is it 100% accurate?

gamerchick Fri 10-Nov-17 23:34:11

I think if the level of distrust was at the point which is oozing through your post I would lie about where I was as well.

Why are you tracking him?

curiousmofo Sat 11-Nov-17 01:07:42

Gamer - I have seen so many of your posts, and am disappointed in your reaction. Maybe because you get to know people in a funny way over MN. I’m not some mad stalker. Shit didn’t add up when it took him 2.5 hours to do a 1 hour trip. I was niggly about it so decided to have a nosy. Not my finest hour however he was an hour behind what he said he was doing. I wasn’t supposed to be home so wouldn’t have known usually.

I don’t want this to be a bashing thread. I don’t need that right now, I just need honest answers to see if I’m right or wrong

curiousmofo Sat 11-Nov-17 01:17:22

It’s an hour out. He told me he was in x place, which is 10 mins from home but turned up an hour later. He told me he was at x but his service location showed him to be an hour away from there. All his comings and goings from worn show the right time give or take 10 mins. Really I’ve answered my own bloody question sad

curiousmofo Sat 11-Nov-17 01:20:52

I’m being had over. He’s gone to bed. I don’t really know how to handle this. We looked at his phone together in the end and he just said it was wrong. Nice night was had until I brought it up then he threw his arse out and he’s in one room, me another. Don’t even know why I’m posting. Just confused, hoping I’m wrong, and still fucking awake!!

BastardGoDarkly Sat 11-Nov-17 01:25:09

I'd wonder wtf with both things added together.

Is he acting shady otherwise?

curiousmofo Sat 11-Nov-17 01:32:00

Not really no. It’s just really odd and he’s been distant since we had a tiff earlier this week

HerRoyalNotness Sat 11-Nov-17 01:39:46

Look it could be wrong or it could be right.

A few years ago, my DH was at a sports stadium downtown but his phone showed him in a different location. Could he have been there? Sure. He had a photo of him at the stadium, so I just have to go with the phone being wrong.

If you don't trust him and don't want to be with him then move on, easy to say I know.

Tartyflette Sat 11-Nov-17 02:17:51

The location information may be wrong but how did he explain the lateness?

Redglitter Sat 11-Nov-17 03:33:45

The location on my phone is frequently wrong. I wouldn't go by that alone but if there's other concerns that's different

bayseyan Sat 11-Nov-17 04:34:21

Location can be wrong, and you shouldn’t be tracking his location without his knowledge.

Battleax Sat 11-Nov-17 04:37:21

If I was buying a surprise present for DH, I'd fib about where I was. Ditto if I was checking out a medical thing I didn't want him to stress about or dealing with something else worrying I wanted to get my own head around first. Sometimes I've stolen half an hour parked up somewhere to get some quiet thinking time when stuffs been hectic. Could any of that apply on a Saturday night?

Late night shopping? Harley street? Is he worried about anything?

DistanceCall Sat 11-Nov-17 04:41:06

It could be a mistake in location.

And you need to talk to him.

Battleax Sat 11-Nov-17 04:42:11

Friday night/Saturday morning, I mean.

Passmethecrisps Sat 11-Nov-17 04:49:04

I have a friend whose Facebook location gives her as being in California when actually she is in Glasgow. There is always the possibility it is wrong.

What else makes you distrust him?

StrawberryJelly00 Sat 11-Nov-17 05:38:04

If I did this to my partner he would end the relationship...

Bruceishavingfish Sat 11-Nov-17 05:58:43

My location has beeb wrong before. Me and dh had the same argument. I had been with friends and took photos. So i could prove it.

However dh is now stbxh, mainly because he used to do stuff like this.

qazxc Sat 11-Nov-17 06:00:27

As pp have said location could be wrong.
Or there could be an "innocent" explanation.

Henrythehoover Sat 11-Nov-17 06:04:50

The location on my phone is always wrong plus if I found out someone was tracking me i would be furious.

curiousmofo Sat 11-Nov-17 06:06:01

He was classed at “at Work” for an hour and a half after he should have been.

I’ve never known him be a liar etc. However I’m insecure and anything out of routine that’s unexpected seems to send me under.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now