Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think most people don't get dried in the shower cubicle?

(153 Posts)
whiteroseredrose Fri 10-Nov-17 19:38:39

Bone of contention between DH and I. He gets himself dried inside the shower cubicle while DC and I step onto the bath mat and get dried there.

Problem is we've had a leak through the kitchen ceiling and DH has pulled up the Lino and found rotten hardboard. sad

Leaking shower tray? Dripping bodies??

mallardduckponds Fri 10-Nov-17 19:39:45

My dh has a thing about this as well

He thinks the bath mat is some sort of precious art work I think.

RicottaPancakes Fri 10-Nov-17 19:40:53

Why would you not dry yourself in the cubicle? Bath maths are a bit of a hassle....

ItchySeveredFoot Fri 10-Nov-17 19:41:12

I get out. Have a quick rub down on the mat and then go into my room. Unlikely the damage is from dripping bodies. We had only hardboard in our bathroom for 2 years. 2 adults and 2 kids dripping water everywhere did no lasting damage.

NamasteNiki Fri 10-Nov-17 19:41:21

I dry in the shower.

It also absolutely drives me crazy at the gym where people come out of the shower dripping wet and walk it across the gym changing room floor leaving a puddle and wet footprints when they could have towelled off in the shower cubicle.

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Fri 10-Nov-17 19:42:01

I dry in the cubicle with the doors shut. It is warmer and keeps the dripping contained to the shower tray.

mintbiscuit Fri 10-Nov-17 19:42:03

Wet from dripping bodies would not cause leak through ceiling. Surely?

Fwiw I dry on mat in my own house. Cubicle in guest houses because I don't like to create mess for my host!

ownedbySWD Fri 10-Nov-17 19:42:28

Unlikely to be from dripping bodies if you are standing on a rubber backed bathmat, surely?

SilverSpot Fri 10-Nov-17 19:42:29

That won't be from dripping bodies

theymademejoin Fri 10-Nov-17 19:42:38

I suspect it depends on how big your shower cubicle is. I get dried in mine as it's a lovely, big shower. It's much warmer and cosier as the heat is contained.

ArbitraryName Fri 10-Nov-17 19:43:03

the rotten floorboard is very unlikely to be dropping bodies. You’re just standing on a bathmat (on top of lino) for at most a minute once a day. Then presumably the bathmat gets taken off the floor.

No one in my house dries themselves inside the shower cubicle.

GreenTulips Fri 10-Nov-17 19:43:04

I dry in the shower

Less wet foot prints on the floor

The shower being in makes more water than him standing in there drying himself

What difference does it make?

RandomMess Fri 10-Nov-17 19:43:21

I dry myself in the shower/bath and DH is in training! There is no need for a soaking wet bath mat, but damp yes but not like DH used to leave it - horrid for the next person as took a whole 25 hours to dry out!

Tedster77 Fri 10-Nov-17 19:43:35

It has never in my life occurred to me to dry myself whilst still in the cubicle!

treaclesoda Fri 10-Nov-17 19:43:54

I don't dry myself in the shower cubicle because it's wet in there and I'd be constantly bashing up against the wall and getting wet after I had already dried myself.

MrsKoala Fri 10-Nov-17 19:44:28

My dh is the opposite, he thinks the bathroom is a wet room. he wont turn off the shower while he's in it, he opens the screen while it's still running and steps out, then wraps himself in2 towels- he doesn't 'dry'. Then turns to lean in and turn off shower. Then walks out of the bathroom dripping water everywhere - he never puts a bath mat down either. The bathroom is soaked.

whiteroseredrose Fri 10-Nov-17 19:45:32

Oooh. No definitive right way then.

Lucked Fri 10-Nov-17 19:46:17

I can't reach my towel from inside so get out, previously I would walk to the end of the bath and get the worst off.

My DH had a rotten floorboard from dripping in a flat he had. He had a wooden duckboard over carpet though. I don't see dripping through bath mat onto Lino or tiles causing rot.

lifesaverormassmurderer Fri 10-Nov-17 19:46:37

I've always dried on bath mat but can sort of see logic to towelling off in the shower. Will give it a try wink

Mosaic123 Fri 10-Nov-17 19:47:37

I dry the shower cubicle with E cloths first, and then I step out onto the bath mat and dry myself.

We get hard water marks all over the glass and taps otherwise.

DrFoxtrot Fri 10-Nov-17 19:47:39

I dry in the cubicle as it's warm and less dripping everywhere.

I think it stems from shared showers at Uni. I felt that leaving the bathrooms in a wet mess was really inconsiderate to others.

GummyGoddess Fri 10-Nov-17 19:48:38

Dry in the shower, lift foot up and shake it before stepping onto the bath mat, then repeat with the other foot. I cannot stand wet bath mats and water dripped all over the floor! Dh has now come around to my way of thinking and does the same.

DrFoxtrot Fri 10-Nov-17 19:48:44

I doubt drying outside the shower has caused the rot though.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Fri 10-Nov-17 19:50:54

Either your DH is tiny or you have a massive shower cubicle, there wouldn’t be enough room for me and I’m slim.

I push excess water of me, step on a bath mat and pop a towel round me and air dry. How wet are people getting that they soak the floor confused

Sparklingbrook Fri 10-Nov-17 19:52:09

In the cubicle because it's warmer and less dripping all over the bathroom.
Also do the shaky foot as described by Gummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now