Talk

Advanced search

To stop cleaning when the in laws are coming?

(4 Posts)
Babababababybel23 Fri 10-Nov-17 18:39:03

Every time I find out they are coming I clean my house from top to bottom. They think that unless a house is spotless it is disgusting. My house is clean. A few toys lying about, dishes in the sink but not an absolute disgusting hovel.
They are visiting tomorrow and stupidly this morning I blitzed all of the bedrooms and the bathroom. I even cleaned the bloody doors hmm
I haven't even started downstairs yet and I feel like not bothering. I may empty the toy box all over the bloody floor just to raise a few eyebrows.
The judgy look on their faces when they walk in would tomorrow be worthy of snapping a photo.
I hate being a bloody people pleaser sad

Pengggwn Fri 10-Nov-17 18:39:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Fri 10-Nov-17 18:41:38

Don’t do it, why should you? Get your DH to tell then to pack it in. My mum is like this and i now just tell her to take that look off her face, this is what a house with 2 small children and 2 working parents look like (it’s not dirty BTW but like yours a few toys/dishes lying about) and if she doesn’t like it she’s welcome to leave. I get cat’s bum mouth in return but meh

MsVestibule Fri 10-Nov-17 18:47:41

My parents are nothing like this, but I still feel obliged to give it a good clean before they stay. Mainly because it's normally a complete midden and it's a good excuse to get my arse into gear.

In your situation, I would give it the same sort of clean/tidy I would before a friend came over, but that's all. TBH, if they're the type that nothing short of immaculate is going to be good enough, why bother?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now