Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to complain to school?

(18 Posts)
FruitCider Fri 10-Nov-17 17:41:10

My child is in reception. I picked them up from school today, put them in the car and noticed blood in their Hair. On questioning my child it appears my child was running in the playground and banged heads with another child “then it blooded”. The cut is minor and has obviously stopped bleeding, but I’m just a bit alarmed that the teacher didn’t tell me about the accident! Am I being a bit PFB about wanting to make a complaint?

BarbarianMum Fri 10-Nov-17 17:44:17

What makes you think the teacher was aware?

Pengggwn Fri 10-Nov-17 17:44:30

I don't think so, assuming the teacher knew? Also, if your child saw a first aider but was deemed to be fine, the teacher may have thought they would call home if there was a problem, or may have thought they would do so anyway.

FruitCider Fri 10-Nov-17 17:45:11

My child said she told the dinner lady and was taken to the “bump room” so I would have expected a bump note. Sorry I forgot to put that bit in.

Crockface Fri 10-Nov-17 17:46:51

For a head injury, I would expect a letter or notification, however minor. Particularly if she went to the medical room.

I remember the 'you're child banged their head, please watch out for signs of concussion" letters from school!

BrutusMcDogface Fri 10-Nov-17 17:47:42

At my kids' school they have bumped head stickers...maybe she/he had one and it fell off?

FruitCider Fri 10-Nov-17 17:48:10

*Crock that is what I would have expected to happen, I assumed I would get informed about head bumps. confused

Nquartz Fri 10-Nov-17 17:48:31

I'd definitely question it. I've had a few "you're child bumped their head today and received such & such treatment" home from school with DD.

Nquartz Fri 10-Nov-17 17:48:59

Your child. Bloody grammar

why12345 Fri 10-Nov-17 17:49:25

When I used to work a school it was always a sticker on the child, a letter Home and a phone call for a bumped head that is not everything.

Copperspot Fri 10-Nov-17 18:55:01

At my school the little ones get accident stickers on their tops. Maybe it fell off? Has she had an accident there before?

I would definitely expect them to tell you about it, whether that be a sticker / text.

Copperspot Fri 10-Nov-17 18:55:47

I mean has she had an accident before and so you know what usually happens?

shadesofwinter Fri 10-Nov-17 18:57:28

I don't think you necessarily need to make a complaint, but I'd mention it and ask why there was no note.

IFellDownAHole Fri 10-Nov-17 18:57:31

My dc gets a little paper wristband with ‘I’ve bumped my head’ on it. Could they have had something like that which came off?

FruitCider Fri 10-Nov-17 19:34:33

I’ve seen other kids in my child’s class coming out with green “bump slips”.

MaisyPops Fri 10-Nov-17 19:38:28

Call up and ask, don't complain.

They may well have been given a bump slip and put it somewhere.

If it turns out they haven't then school will apologise and sort it. If they have given one them you can remind your DC to bring it home.

Some people will turn up here and say complain and ask for a meeting with the head etc. Ignore them. They are probably 'those parents' and being unreasonable and confrontational is exactly how people get reputations in schools of being PITA.

Mumoftwoyoungkids Fri 10-Nov-17 20:16:40

We get a “head bump” letter. States when and where on the head (as half the time there is nothing to see.)

user1472334322 Fri 10-Nov-17 21:05:58

Ds came home with a bump note today. I would have thought she'd get one especially if there's blood. I work in a school too and they get notes too as well as stickers. My friend's son's school does stickers. I'd expect some acknowledgement of a bump. I'd call and ask why there's not one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now