Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask for my book back?

(8 Posts)
JuneBalloon Fri 10-Nov-17 16:59:39

Was swopping “have you read/you’ve got to read” book ideas with a friend when I offered to lend her one of my all time favourites. Off I scampered to get said book but, much to my frustration, could not find it anywhere. Fast forward a couple of hours or so of me trying to remember where I last saw it when I remembered that I lent it to another friend over the summer (so 3+ months ago). AIBU to ask the other friend for it back?

Of course it’s only a book and not the end of the world, but personally- when someone lends me a book I always make it a priority to read it/ return it straight away.

cheesydoesit Fri 10-Nov-17 17:01:38

Just ask. They might have forgotten.

SoulStew Fri 10-Nov-17 17:01:48

Never lend me a book op. It would sit on my shelf until I got around to it, then, I’d have forgotten who’s it was.

Nocabbageinmyeye Fri 10-Nov-17 17:02:23

confused You would have text her in the time it has taken you to write this. Obviously ask for it back. Seriously this is not thread worthy

blueskyinmarch Fri 10-Nov-17 17:04:17

Blimey - just message her and say can you have your book back as you want to lend it to someone else. Easy.

JuneBalloon Fri 10-Nov-17 17:07:06

Woah there.... why the grief? I’m trying to ascertain whether 3 months is a reasonable amount of time for someone to read a loaned book.

Lethaldrizzle Fri 10-Nov-17 17:11:51

If I lend someone a book I don't particularly think I'm gonna see it again but I like to pass things on

blueskyinmarch Fri 10-Nov-17 17:12:13

It doesn't matter if she has read it or not. You can still ask for it back and see what she says. The only issue would be if she started it recently and hadn't finished it in which case you could ask her to give you it back when she was done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now