Talk

Advanced search

The Wright Stuff

(11 Posts)
IHATEPeppaPig Fri 10-Nov-17 09:53:31

Yes, yes I know IA probably BU for watching it in the first place...BUT, does Matthew Wright have a huge disdain for women? He seems to constantly bang on ‘WHAT ABOUT THE MEN’ whenever women’s rights are even mentioned?

Is it just me?

MissionItsPossible Fri 10-Nov-17 10:20:46

He thinks he's superior to Jeremy Kyle when I think they're on the same par.

IHATEPeppaPig Fri 10-Nov-17 10:27:36

They both shout people who they don’t agree with down - he’s just jezza in a leftie disguise.

VladmirsPoutine Fri 10-Nov-17 10:50:24

I actually really like him. I think he plays the contraire in a very OTT way but I think he does a good job. I can't bloody stand Yasmin A.Brown.

just5morepeas Fri 10-Nov-17 10:54:28

I think he often takes the opposing view to get discussion going, not because he believes a thing. But I do think that's a misguided way to go about it and find him annoying and argumentative and often very condescending and talks over people he disagrees with.

NovemberBlues Fri 10-Nov-17 11:04:47

I find he does disdain women, some remarks he made about women covering up during the chess tournament in Iran were dreadfully misguided. He was also vicious when the HW accusations started to come through in fact I think he had been on MN ( they pull lots of stories from here and opinion) and he was more riled that someone was saying are all men like this.

Dreadful man, i like his show but when someone else hosts it. He has a shallow limited understanding of many issues.

The80sweregreat Fri 10-Nov-17 11:45:14

I haven't watched it in years as the ads get on my nerves. He also shuts anyone down on the phones who doesn't agree with him, but will suck up to his guests who may disagree with him on the topics raised, not always, but 99 percent of the time.
He used to always talk about his ex wife as the ' ice queen', being married to him , i cant say I blame her to be honest.
he might have changed over the years though!

The80sweregreat Fri 10-Nov-17 11:47:17

Had Andy Kershaw on one day as a guest and was horrible to him as he didnt agree with something he was going on about - so he does it to his guests, but not always!

Littleraincloud Fri 10-Nov-17 11:51:29

He's opinionated without a clear opinion and my opinion of him is low!

PovertyPain Fri 10-Nov-17 13:08:50

Don't know why this should surprise anyone. Have you see how many 'men identifying as women' he has in his audience?

derxa Fri 10-Nov-17 13:14:48

I disagree with him on almost everything. He's The Smuginator.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now