Talk

Advanced search

WWYD - struggling to get info from NCT course organiser

(12 Posts)
Fluffydressinggowns Thu 09-Nov-17 20:15:48

There's a pregnancy yoga group really close to me which I'd love to join as would be great to meet other mums to be, doctor has suggested it and I'd just really like to do it (subject to cost!)

I found it on NCT website and it had a contact form to email as it said registration for availability was essential, which I filled in and sent first week of October. It also had a mobile number for course organiser and an email address, so I sent a text as it was evening. The text was read but I didn't hear anything, so two weeks later I tried to call and then sent another text just asking if classes were still available. The organiser text back to say yes, so I asked for details like how to register and cost. The text was read but I didn't hear again.

This takes us to end of Oct, I tried number again and then text to ask for the details, organiser replied sorry for delay, please send your email address and I'll send details. So I text my email address and said thank you very much and message was read.

To date still no info, so I've tried contact form again and emailing the branch. The branch number didn't pick up. I also emailed the organiser's email address directly. I've tried spam folders and everything.

I know NCT people are volunteers and I'm sure she's really busy but I'd really like to join and I'm starting to wonder if I know her from a previous life and she just doesn't like me?! It's about five weeks now I've been waiting for the info - should I just turn up to one of the sessions? 😀

I've booked an NCT antenatal class which starts in a couple of months and the organisers were really helpful, perhaps I'll ask them for help.

WWYD?!

KC225 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:19:54

Good luck. I felt massively let down by the NCT. Ripped off actually. I don't think they are all they are cracked up to be.

Fluffydressinggowns Thu 09-Nov-17 20:28:11

Don't suppose it was the pregnancy yoga? Even if I knew how much it was that would be a start. I think I will just turn up and ask in person.

Raver84 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:28:21

I wouldn't bother any more and I'd look for another preg yoga group there are loads around try local lesiure centre

WhatwouldAryado Thu 09-Nov-17 20:29:05

In my experience not was quite a closed group locally to me. Not interested in anyone new unless they knew someone. Maybe find someone who already goes to introduce you?

CoffeeBreakIn5 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:30:10

I had a similar experience with NCT trying to join a group. Basically I filled out an online form and an organiser rang me, but I was at an appointment at the time so I asked if we could speak later. I couldn’t get in touch with her, my messages online went ignored and my due date came and went. Massive let down! I never did get to properly join, I hadn’t joined with DS1 and due to a few issues I thought it might be good support, instead I felt worse because not only was a lonely I felt like I couldn’t go to NCT events because they didn’t want me.

EvilEdna1 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:34:09

Do email or ring the bookings administrator you dealt with to join the antenatal classes. They will help you. If you PM me the town where the yoga class is I might be able to help you sort it.

Fluffydressinggowns Thu 09-Nov-17 21:34:57

Thanks EvilEdna, I'll try course organiser and if not PM, that's really kind of you!

The thing is I can't actually find any other groups that locally so I do really want to join this one. I'd not wanted to drop this organiser in it (if it wasn't a charity and not a volunteer role I'd go about it totally differently and be firmer) but I'll see if I can get through that way! Just bizarre as even if she's forgotten several times surely at some point over the five weeks she'd have thought "I must send those details over now"?!

EvilEdna1 Thu 09-Nov-17 21:50:49

I would be surprised if it's a volunteer exactly. Usually the practitioner who runs the class books people on. I think that's the case anyway.

Snowsquonk Fri 10-Nov-17 15:38:14

Hi Fluffy

I am so sorry that you've not had a response to your recent enquiry - if you could pop an email to enquiries@nct.org.uk or ring our central number 0300 330 0700 then one of our great enquiries team will be able to help get this sorted for you.

Fluffydressinggowns Sat 11-Nov-17 10:11:44

Thanks Snow and everyone for your help! I emailed the local NCT course organiser who cc'ed in the yoga course organiser.

I was a bit disappointed that she'd just replied copying all saying she'd already sent me the email as I absolutely know I haven't had it, I've been searching spam folders for weeks and on the text to me before she'd said sorry for the delay, but I guess she didn't want to look bad. Also a bit disappointed courses only run up to Christmas and I've missed five weeks now since I first asked so only a handful less.

But the great news is I've got the form this morning so can get booking and hopefully join next week's! 😀

Fluffydressinggowns Sat 11-Nov-17 10:12:13

Handful left should say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now