Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

In asking if anyone has the Furreal Tiger?

(18 Posts)
ProfessorCat Thu 09-Nov-17 16:34:28

DD has been saying that she wants a baby tiger for years.

I had a look at Phillip Scofield's Snapchat yesterday and he was stroking a very realistic tiger toy which turned out to be a Furreal Tiger. It does all sorts of things, responds to touch, plays with a toy, moves, roars etc.

Has anyone got one? I'm a bit floored at the £100 price tag but it does look incredible.

AIBU in wanting to get one for my 9 year old child? She doesn't play with many toys and prefers to do art, read, game. She does really love teddies though.

I'm wondering if it's really worth £100.

Nikephorus Thu 09-Nov-17 16:37:52

£89.49 on Amazon!

neddle Thu 09-Nov-17 16:45:35

Looked fab on the advert (except the price) but I saw it on Amazon for around £90.
Probably cheaper than a real one though, especially when you factor in paying for damaged furnishings etc grin

Newtothis2017 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:49:42

I bought one for my 7 year old dd. Santa is bringing it and she can't wait. I have never seen her so excited about a toy. Like your d's she is normally into arts and crafts and bugs!!! I just hope it is worth the money

Alicetherabbit Thu 09-Nov-17 16:52:11

I'm hoping it comes up on black Friday sales...

ProfessorCat Thu 09-Nov-17 16:52:53

Ooh, Amazon bargain! I think it's supposed to be £140.

My DD hasn't seen it yet as far as I know, so would be a huge surprise. DH thinks it's a waste of money because we have two actual cats grin

Nikephorus Thu 09-Nov-17 19:45:30

But no needing a litter tray, no muddy paw prints on the windowsill & it won't jump on you in the middle of the night grin

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:03:20

Family friend last year bought that Dragon by fur real friends. By god was it awful. She paid £80 For it and the child didn't bother with it after a day or two. She felt massively ripped off for the price she paid. They now retail between £25-40.
Just be wary.

52FestiveRoad Thu 09-Nov-17 20:26:52

My DD had a Fureal panda. It was a noisy bugger, made an awful noise, I hated it with a vengeance. The batteries did not get replaced and it is shoved at the back of the wardrobe now! So beware noisy animal toys, you have to live with it for years to come.

ElsieDee Thu 09-Nov-17 20:33:00

Begrudgingly, My 4yo is getting one off Santa this year.... Luckily I bought it when first reduced on Amazon for a bit less than the rrp but even £95 was a bit much for what I wanted to pay.
DD will love it though, I’m just a bit wary - we bought the unicorn one last year and I was a bit disappointed. I just don’t know how to say no to my daughters number 1 request, she doesn’t ask for much else really throughout the year!
I’m slightly more optimistic after seeing it on this morning, it looked very cute! X

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 09-Nov-17 20:46:36

DD loves these things. Had the dragon and she did and still does play with it. She wants the god awful unicorn but is settling for a Little Live turtle.

HurtyAtThirty Thu 09-Nov-17 20:57:20

We got one for my DD for her birthday (she's 2) and she loves it, I've even been known to sit stroking it whilst watching telly.

PizzaPlease Thu 09-Nov-17 22:28:32

We have the unicorn. It looks beautiful but the novelty wore off very fast

Ancientmummyofwooooos Thu 09-Nov-17 22:47:18

My 6 year old has asked for Tyler the Tiger, im off to look on you tube for video's of it- i check all sorts of toys out on there now grin

CheshireChat Fri 10-Nov-17 00:12:46

I really hope it's going to go down in price once it no longer is the 'it' toy for Christmas.

Does anyone know how it compares to a Furby? As DS has one of those and loves it (and the friggin thing hates me I swear!).

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 10-Nov-17 00:17:30

Got my dsd’s the big dog - didn’t get played with that much to be honest but that was a few years ago, they may have advanced a lot!

DontJustDoItBnQItInTheStore Tue 14-Nov-17 23:35:43

I saw this demonstrated on Sky news of all places. He looked amazing! and super-cute. I want one and I'm waaay older than 9!
The female presenter was really taken with Tyler.

ProfessorCat Tue 14-Nov-17 23:36:25

Thank you everyone, I forgot about this thread! I think I actually want one more than DD will grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now