Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to want my garden back to how it was?

(12 Posts)
BlueberryMarshmallow Thu 09-Nov-17 12:25:59

We live in a row of terrace houses where we have a little garden (more like a tiny yard) and a garage. Each of the houses are the same so to the left of everyone’s yard is next doors garage.

My landlord paved my yard a few months ago with marble effect flags and I keep a few little pot plants and a fox that lights up in my yard.

I came home a couple of days ago and next door had had their roof of their shed painted. It had been windy and so specks of the paint had blown all over the new flags in my yard. It wasn’t just a bit either it looked as though it had been raining paint. They had also let themselves into my yard (without telling me) and moved all my plants and my fox.

I went to next door and they gave me their landlords number as he had arranged the work (they were unaware of it completely). The landlord has been very helpful and is with holding money from the builders until they clean the paint off.

Today the builders came again, they used my tap (which I’m not sure why really annoyed me!) and pressure washed the flags.

The problem is that whilst it’s lifted the paint the paint has stained the flags and whilst it’s still wet I don’t think they are going to look the same.

Has anyone else been in a position like this? WIBU to want the flags looking how they did before all this? What if it’s not possible? Should I hand over to my landlord and get him involved (he’s lovely and would of course but don’t want him going out of his way if it’s something I could deal with).

Thank you mumsnetters!

wasonthelist Thu 09-Nov-17 12:27:36

You are being v cruel to the fox who should be returned to the wild immediately

BlueberryMarshmallow Thu 09-Nov-17 12:31:07

Wasonthelist he is free to leave whenever he wants

wasonthelist Thu 09-Nov-17 12:39:13

grin YANBU btw

Oddmanout Thu 09-Nov-17 12:41:33

YANBU - tell your landlord and get her/him to deal with it- its their property afterall. I'm sure they won't be happy after they've shelled out for a new garden and they can then sort it.

Jaxhog Thu 09-Nov-17 12:41:51

Unfortunately there are far too many cowboy builders like this. Using your water was totally of order. What if you'd been on a water meter? I'd get your landlord involved again to sort them out some more.

Hope your fox isn't too upset by all the curfuffle.

BlueberryMarshmallow Thu 09-Nov-17 12:54:05

Thank you I’m going to speak to my landlord and get him to step in. Hopefully it will be an easy fix!

The fox is recovering- he was put in the dark so his eyes were flickering last night, he looked very sad.

IreneWinters Thu 09-Nov-17 12:59:08

Definitely get your landlord involved. You wouldn't want to find that you get charged to replace the new flagstones when you come to move out.

Also, where did you get your fox? I need one!

Justbookedasummmerholiday Thu 09-Nov-17 13:02:50

Op you need one of these. ...

BroomstickOfLove Thu 09-Nov-17 13:04:18

I've also been googling to find a similar fox, and the only ones I can find are a lot less nice!

toffeepumpkins Thu 09-Nov-17 13:06:41

I hope they have paid for your fox to have the paint removed, poor creature.

BlueberryMarshmallow Thu 09-Nov-17 13:18:56

Yes I would hate to get the blame for it. Luckily both landlords are being understanding about it but it’s so annoying!

Haha that thing is adorable!

He is unique and one of a kind so I would struggle to ever replace him! (£6 from Asda grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now