Talk

Advanced search

Rubber cheese stuck to the ceiling - AIBU?

(13 Posts)
PenguinParty Thu 09-Nov-17 12:14:47

Light-hearted

So this happened this morning....

There's a cheese stuck to my ceiling.

We had to whack it down with a plastic sword - however it was immediately lobbed back up again where it remained clinging up there in all it's rubbery fake fromage-y glory. And then we left the house, so presumably it's still stuck to the ceiling now that I'm at work. Or not. (It's like Schrödinger's Cheese.)

AIBU to think that we should be able to get through a morning without the kids getting a rubber cheese stuck to the ceiling before 6.30am?

(As an aside this cheese is not actually meant to be sticky which is mildly concerning)

Toblernone Thu 09-Nov-17 12:20:25

Is it actually sticky or has the artex on the ceiling latched onto the holes in it like some sort of weird Lego situation? (misses the point). But no, YAdefinitelyNBU, I was barely human at 6.30, would not have been happy to be chasing cheese around the place grin

StandByYourTesselators Thu 09-Nov-17 12:37:16

What you have there is your basic cheese stalactite. You need some piles of crackers on the floor - once you've installed your cracker stalagmites, your cheese cave will be complete.

KurriKurri Thu 09-Nov-17 12:41:56

What type of cheese is it ? <cheese fetishist>
Throw some pickle up there and a chunk of crusty bread.

But seriously - you must brie feeling pretty cheesed off with the whole business, go caerphilly when you try to get it down.

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Thu 09-Nov-17 12:43:48

Gouda luck getting it down

GiveMeTheTeaAndNobodyGetsHurt Thu 09-Nov-17 12:47:34

There's no whey I curd be dealing with that at that time in the morning.

PenguinParty Thu 09-Nov-17 12:49:18

Toblernone you might be on to something there - maybe I'm looking at this all wrong and I actually have a sticky ceiling (?) contemplates if that's better or worse - I'll have to go home and throw some other items up and see what sticks... I was only just awake at that time but investigation had to be undertaken when I heard excessive giggling from the kids room (too much joy at that time in the morning can only make one suspicious)

SBYT - a cheese cave sounds amazing. Maybe I'll get home and DP will have finished work early and can put the finishing touches to such a thing. I'll text him now.

IJustLostTheGame Thu 09-Nov-17 12:51:15

Flick a spoonful of branstons up there to go with?

YetAnotherSpartacus Thu 09-Nov-17 12:53:22

Do you have cheese loving cats? Because that will drive them crazy ...

PenguinParty Thu 09-Nov-17 12:57:53

GiveMeTheTea - you and (Hallou)mi both.

Seriously though, I'll Edam'd if it's still up there when I get home.

gunsandbanjos Thu 09-Nov-17 12:58:18

A cheese cave with perhaps a rock pool filled with wine would be amazing.

lasketchup Thu 09-Nov-17 13:05:14

Sorry, is it real cheese or a sticky cheese shaped toy?? grin

Clandestino Thu 09-Nov-17 13:09:01

Now all you have to do is to get a ladder. Long enough for the mice to reach the cheese but the steps need to be adjusted for their tiny little cute feet. Enjoy the sight of the mice running all around your ceiling, munching on the cheese.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now